Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,838   Posts: 1,582,467   Online: 754

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The XP-2 Super I had processed was done in a professional lab, using a converted e6 dip and dunk machine with tightly controlled chemistry. Honestly, the XP2 is a very very good film. Like I said, if I could process c41 at home successfully, I'd use the stuff all the time. Latitude is enormous.

Good luck. Please tell us what your findings are.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    XP2 can handle a whopping seven stops of overexposure (not recommending that, though!) but is not at all good with underexposure. I've heard some say that they've pushed XP2 with good results, but personally, if I want to push film, I'll push Tri-X.

Lots of people go for the high-contrast look of XP2 at 200 or 320. At 400 it tends to look kind of like Delta 400 without the grain. Portrait photographers tend to blast the hell out of this film to blow out unwanted skin texture and make eyes and eyelashes pop. I don't much care for that look most of the time, but it can be quite eye-catching.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin