Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,472   Posts: 1,570,936   Online: 834

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by sparx
    Thanks for that. Is there any developer by the other big players that have similar properties to Rodinol (like ID-11 and D76 are similar)?
    In a magazine test of developers, the author said that prints from Rodinal and HC110 were very, very similar. I'd have to do some digging to find the article. Of course, this would only be relevant for conditions similar to those used in the test.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

Xtol 1:1

I clip tested a roll in Xtol 1:1 at 68F, 10.5 minutes, 30 sec initial agitation and 10 sec (3 inversions) thereafter in a Jobo hand tank. Grain excellent, and negs with slightly heightned contrast but beautiful. Lens was a Rollei 80mm Planar. The rest of the roll was processed in a SS tank, (larger spacing between the reel) same regiment and the contrast was lower with grain the same. The clip test reminded me alot of the first time I developed 4x5 FP4+ in Xtol 1:3. Just absolutely beautiful negs. I'll be continuing further test, with increased agitation or dev times, including printing once I'm dark again. This looks to be my Fp4+ replacement in a 400 speed film.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin