Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,206   Posts: 1,531,813   Online: 854

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: THERMOMETERS

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    530 pages!? Now that's a catalog. I remember in high school looking through the Cencor catalog like it was the Sears catalog.

s-a
    Post Apple Scientific is just across town from where I live. Only takes 20-30 minutes to get there from my house.
    The owner is a pretty good guy. He can get whatever you need, within the limits of the law. If he knows you well enough, those limits can be stretched a little.

He's the only place where I can get real tincture of iodine. There's some rule that says you're only allowed to buy 2 grams of elemental iodine crystals at a time. (Or some amount. I forget exactly.) But, if you go there to talk to the guy in person, explain what you want and why you want it he can be convinced to sell you a little more.
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've gone digital. Edmund scientific makes a good one. Fischer and other scientific suppliers sell them as wll. They are fast and accurate. You want one that's got a probe or is specifically water tight. The first one I bought, I think it in a photo store, was a wand type with the read-out at the top. Within days I dropped it into a beaker and drowned out the circuitry.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin