Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,568   Posts: 1,573,488   Online: 817

Shooter
    Multi Format

Packaging material for 35mm films

Does anyone make/sell packaging materials that are good fit for shipping 35mm films in canisters? Maybe a bubble wrap envelope or small cardboard box holding 2 or 4 rolls?

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    USPS small flat rate box is free (with the cost of shipping in the states is $5)
    https://www.usps.com/send/priority-mail-flat.htm?
    Andy

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Factory cartridges or bulk load?

Factory carts have the end caps crimped on. They are quite robust. Just put them in a box and pack some newspaper around them. As long as they are not subject to heat humidity or high radiation, they'll be fine.

Bulk load carts can accidentally pop open if they get dropped or shaken hard. Make sure they are inside a plastic canister first. They pack in paper and put in a box.

I save the canisters from my factory carts to keep my bulk carts in just for safety. I've had a couple of the pop open, accidentally. It's ALWAYS at the least opportune moment!
    Randy S.

In girum imus nocte et consumimur igni.

-----

http://www.flickr.com/photos/randystankey/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A small padded envelope with tape securing the film can lids would probably work fine. It wouldn't stand up to severe crushing, but I don't know that it needs to. Uline (www.uline.com) is a good source for that stuff.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I wish we had something similar to the USPS flat rate boxes available here in the UK they are excellent for posting many items and quite strong.

The bubble wrap envelopes are fine for posting films, if you have the plastic containers the put the film cassttes back in them for postage.

Ian

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear Ryuji,

Uline has pretty much everything for shipping. I used one of their specialty boxes for shipping a painting once and it made the job quite easy.

Neal Wydra

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin