Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,721   Posts: 1,514,924   Online: 1065

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format

Pictures and photopolymerization?

I did once cut out an article from Scientific American on this subject, acrilics, amides and TEA, and was wiondering if anyone had done serous work with this?

Looking for links, data and recipes...... and ideas.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Holography is the place to look, and I guess the dichromate processes as well.. they kinda fit this(?).

Some members here are well versed in holography, and I know they're working on this very thing.

For starters -> http://www.polygrama.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    No this wasn't what I was after.

I still have that article from Scientific American (30+ yrs old!).
    The process works with an ordinary enlarger, it uses a mix of photochemical plastics which can be used like photo sensitive film on ceramics, paper or glass to make semitranslucent 3-d images.

Uses acrylate monomers sentized by small amounts of TEA and various color dyes and yealds images within second no lasers necessary.

I was wondering wether anyone had done work with this......

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    This process sounds vaguely familiar.
    Could you share the article date, author, title?
    I have a collection of Sci Ams covering mid-60's through early 90's (always a good read!)
    - Ian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow, I have no idea then. It sounds pretty darn interesting; if you find something be sure to share it.

Cheers,

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    There are all kinds of esoteric things out there in this general arena is you start looking into patent
    files. But you need to go beyond photography literature per se. There are a surprising number of things in medical science which are related. I've never had the time to pursue any of this very far,
    but have always thought that there would be a way to adopt ideas from one field and place them
    into another. Quit thinking about it much when it became clear that a number of ideas involve very
    hazardous chemicals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have the cutouts from the magazine, it is pretyy cvlear, I can scan it, but dunno where to put a PDF-file easy and to the best effect.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Yeeees..... and no.
    This is like having a discussion with a professor in architecture, when all you want is to put up a little shed.....

The article I'm talking of was published around 1981, I don't have the eact date any more, it had a more or less exact recipe on how to do this in practice instead of a wide-scope theoretical run-through of all the possible patents out there with no clues on how to start things in practice.

I better scan this as it seems to have slipped under the radar of everyone. Myself I have a hard time setting tis up, because it seem TEA is on some kind of restricted list over here, cant get it for developers either....

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Please do post it here if you find it, or start a fresh thread and link to it here. APUG is all about compiling resources that otherwise might be too disparate to be of any good to anyone.

Cheers!
    If you are the big tree, we are the small axe

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin