Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,748   Posts: 1,515,693   Online: 936

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amidol in EU

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Try

Fototechnik Suvatlar
    Simrockstr.178a
    D-22589 Hamburg

Tel.040 / 39 57 09 und 040 / 39 79 31
    Fax: 040 / 39 19 08 66
    Mobil: 0173 / 60 11 77 2

E-Mail: fotosuvatlar@live.de
    Printen is net als leren fietsen. Theorie helpt niet, je moet het doen.

dmb

Shooter
    35mm
    There are references on the web to people using Amidol that was originally bottled in 1906 (Brett Weston) - also references to staining from modern chinese Amidol which might be related to the prescence of small amounts of PPD, which is not a problem for its main use in hair dye. But as you say the e-bay purchase may be a gamble.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    You can buy it at westernphoto in Italy

I cant attach the link because I dont have posted yet 5 posts LOL

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Last year, I've had no problems buying Amidol from Photographer's Formulary, shipped to Ireland, which is still in EU.

Edit: oops. I see they stopped doing that, according to the web site, at least... Things never stay the same, I suppose. Still, you can get their Amidol developer for paper, which does not seem to have any shipping restrictions. There would be some unmixed Amidol in it.
    Last edited by Rafal Lukawiecki; 01-16-2012 at 05:09 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Rafal Lukawiecki
    See rafal.net | Read rafal.net/articles

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by kapro View Post
    Does anybody know where is possible to buy either Amidol developer or pure Amidol in EU? It seems that Wolfgang Moersch has ceased production of his Amidol developer. I can buy Amidol from company dealing with chemicals in my hometown but I have to wait for 2-3weeks (it's not an issue) and it's dirty expensive - 100g/100€ + 20%VAT (it's a serious issue..)
    Kapro
    Get hold of Michael Smith. He will ship to Europe. http://michaelandpaula.com/mp/AzoFor...ID=12779&CID=5 His is Chinese amidol, which is great developer if you use it properly. Complaints about excessive staining or turning the prints pink are the results of either user error or use of the wrong paper. Chinese amidol will not turn Azo, Lodima or Ilford Mutligrade papers pink if you use a sodium thiosulfate fixer. You will need potassium bromide, sodium sulfite and citric acid to make a working solution for developing prints. You will also need plain hypo and sodium bisulfite to use as fixer. I don't know about Michael's price, but amidol is expensive. I'm used to paying $200/lb. (454 grams) to Artcraft.
    Michael's formulae are here: http://michaelandpaula.com/mp/Azo_Formulas.html

Last edited by c6h6o3; 01-16-2012 at 08:49 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I bought amidol here
    http://www.keten.com.pl/
    Ask by email for price and availability

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chromemax View Post
    I bought amidol here
    http://www.keten.com.pl/
    Ask by email for price and availability
    Their price (505 zl. / 250 grams) works out to about $265/lb. if you're converting the zloty at $0.29. Not bad. How's the quality?
    Last edited by c6h6o3; 01-17-2012 at 09:46 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Jim

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you guys. Lot of useful tips and information.
    Kapro

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Dear all,
    I just would like to let you know, that 250g of Amidol as well as Phenidone (much cheaper that in my hometown) and some other stuff is on the way to me from Polish company Keten chemicals. We made a deal on Friday midnight!!! According to Lukasz from Keten Amidol isn't Chinese... I'll try it with Efke Emaks and Fomabrom during the next couple of weeks...
    Ivan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Let us know how it turned out.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin