Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,693   Posts: 1,482,419   Online: 711

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Amidol in EU

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Amidol in EU

Does anybody know where is possible to buy either Amidol developer or pure Amidol in EU? It seems that Wolfgang Moersch has ceased production of his Amidol developer. I can buy Amidol from company dealing with chemicals in my hometown but I have to wait for 2-3weeks (it's not an issue) and it's dirty expensive - 100g/100€ + 20%VAT (it's a serious issue..)
    Kapro

Shooter
    35mm

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you, I know about Photographers Formulary. None of the stores selling their products do not sell hazardous materials overseas. That's why I'm looking for Amidol in EU...

Shooter
    35mm
    Sorry ,try amidol developer-for sale in europe.Or try -www.temnakomora.cz and ask members.
    Something is in wienna austria.
    B.

Shooter
    Multi Format

dmb

Shooter
    35mm
    Another source in EU is Silverprint in London - Google Silverprint Amidol

Still not cheap - 85249
    AMIDOL 25g
    £19.36
    £23.23 (inc 20% VAT)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thank you all.
    Ebay could be a source.
    Silverprint is the same story as USA. They do not ship chemicals outside UK. I drove to UK twice to pick up my Ebay victory-Devere 504 and to take part on Les McLean's darkroom workshop 3-4 years ago. I stopped at Silverprint and loaded the car with the stuff they do not ship overseas including archival washers.....and got the fine for wrong parking...

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Amidol sold by Silverprint is chinese. Both batches I bought stained my prints pink and nothing would get rid of it. I had a conversation with Artcraft Chemicals in the US and (surprisingly I thought) they agreed to ship to the UK. I would assume that they would also ship to the EU. Couldn't do any harm to drop them a line.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Once again, many thanks for replies.
    I just got the answer from Ebayer selling Amidol. It's more than ten years old. It seems that £50.00 for 100g of such old Amidol is too much. I'm afraid it won't work....
    Last edited by kapro; 01-14-2012 at 04:04 AM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I've got the tip from my friend chemist:
    http://www.tcieurope.eu/en/catalog/D0080.html
    http://www.tcieurope.eu/en/catalog/D0110.html
    There are two different price levels depending on purity of Amidol. I wonder if purity >98.0%(T) is necessary or >97.0%(T)(N) should be enough...? Quite huge price difference...

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin