Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,388   Online: 722

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Hey, thanks. Wow.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format

new film-old camera

hi guys

thanks for the great info and link to kodak. it does take 120 i put a

120 spool in and it fits . i'll give pan-f a go and see what happens.

thanks again.

al.b

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Now if we can only find you a manual......

Shooter
    Medium Format
    It sounds like a fun project to get one of these early cameras up and running again - something I've been contemplating doing myself, in fact. So good luck, and I look forward to seeing some images!

But I was a little surprised at the recommendation for 50 speed film. That would theoretically put the camera only in the middle of its aperture range for bright, "sunny 16" conditions. Wouldn't that mean that you would rarely if ever use the higher aperture settings? Or have I just miscalculated? I was thinking that in order to maximize the exposure range available, an ISO of at least 100 would be more appropriate; and, I could see even using 400 speed film for general use, especially if filters were ever going to be used. I also like the idea of biasing the system towards the smaller apertures in order to get better results from the simple lens (well, higher resolution and greater DOF anyway - my particular bias).

Jeff

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Shutters often get slow and sticky when not used for a few years. The simple shutters used on these cameras are better than most in that regard, bit it is still worth checking it out. Often, just working the shutter 50 or so times will get it back in shape.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    A modern interpretation of the Sunny 16 is to use the shutter speed of the iso. So.... use 1/50ish for ISO 50.

As far as the speed of the film, 25-100 is plenty on a sunny day.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin