Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,867   Posts: 1,583,210   Online: 880

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob-D659 View Post
    That's odd, I can see the shading on my monitor.
    The negatives posted are light in the center, not dark. He is not posting a contact print, (but I may be wrong as it is not clearly stated).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Hikari View Post
    You are using stainless steel reels and tanks? Then the answer is simple--you are overfilling your tanks and the edges of the reels moving through the developer is causing uneven development as there is no developer agitation at the center of the film. Leave an air space in your tank.
    Yep, exactly. One thing to add which gave the final 'evennness' for me is to do an aggressive inversion motion, but be certain to pause for a bit after each flip (meaning both the first flip and the 'return' flip). This seemed to give the developer the time it needed to actually flow and refresh across the whole of the roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by ic-racer View Post
    The negatives posted are light in the center, not dark. He is not posting a contact print, (but I may be wrong as it is not clearly stated).
    Could be contacts prints or inverted scans of negatives, the results should appear the same. I agree, but I'm so used to people mixing up terms, I just reply to a posted image that I see, and don't worry too much if the terminology is wrong, sometimes.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    +1 for Hikari's suggestion, I forgot to mention that. I measured the amount of water to just fill the tank to the top of the reel, then add an ounce or two for safety. For my tank (Kinderman tank, Hewes reel) I use exactly 425cc. Covers the reel with plenty of room for chems to move around.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin