Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,739   Posts: 1,515,537   Online: 1088

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Dear alex66,

Well before the big day, just once try a roll of Delta 3200 or TMZ at box speed in stock Xtol. I remember being quite pleasantly surprised the first time I used that combination. In any case, don't wait for the big day to try any combination for the first time.

Congratulations!

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm actually a big fan of fill and bounce flash and doubt the baby would care one way or the other. When I did baby photography in studio the strobes never seemed to phase the babes that were days old. As they get a bit older and more aware of details the strobes become a matter of wonder, not fear.

It's my experience that annoyance with strobes seems to come later in life and is related proportionally to how much or how little the subject wants to be photographed.

So if momma is cool with strobes I'd say use them.

With regard to the film, given the preference for high detail and low grain films, I think Ian's suggestion of XP2 is great. Given the availability of the tools and D76 though either Delta 400 or TMax 400 would be great. Add a bit of flash and any of these three films shouldn't even need a push.
    Last edited by markbarendt; 01-15-2012 at 07:51 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Fat fingers and bad spell checking
    Mark Barendt, Ignacio, CO

"We do not see things the way they are. We see things the way we are." Anaïs Nin

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    TX-400/Acufine, EI 800, worked for me:

I was using my Canon New F-1 and the FD50/1.2L, but I think I was around f:2, 1/30 sec.

Keep it simple. It's not a time when you want to be messing around with too much gear.

Good luck, and congratulations!
    flickr--http://www.flickr.com/photos/davidagoldfarb/
    Photography (not as up to date as the flickr site)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com/photo
    Academic (Slavic and Comparative Literature)--http://www.davidagoldfarb.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Right I will go out and buy some Tri-x and T-max 400 along with a roll or two of Delta 3200 and test them out. David I love the photo. Thank you all for you time.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin