Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,828   Posts: 1,582,096   Online: 930

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Been asked before, but wouldn't powder form help for keeping long term between yearly batches?

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I recently found an open bottle of both cool tone and warm tone developers that I had packed away a few years ago. Tried them out and they both are working like new, so it certainly seems to keep. I'm most fond of the warm tone, but I'd probably use a few bottles a year of the cool tone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Thanks Simon

Another question for your on-board chemists.

Is there any chance that the cool-tone developer could be approximated by combining an existing Ilford Developer and a proprietary additive?

That way you could offer the additive on a special run basis, without impacting your regular lines.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    • Thank you, sincerely, for your efforts Simon. To say I'm blown away by the commitment to analog and the customer service would be a gross understatement.

• I'd be certainly open to a yearly buy if such a scenario would be more feasible for your company.

• Did I say thanks for your superior products and tireless efforts..?
    "Never criticize someone until you've walked a mile in their shoes. That way, you're a mile away and you've got their shoes."

MY BLOG - www.reservedatalltimes.com
    YOU SHOULD LOOK AT THIS SITE - www.colincorneau.com
    INSTAGRAM: colincorneau

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow. I am so thoroughly impressed by the way you gentlemen run your company...

I've never tried the Cooltone Developer. However, I am fond of a cooler look. So in the spirit of demonstrating support to those manufacturers who do so much to support us, I'll commit to purchasing several bottles and give it a try. If it turns out good for me, that will be great and I will happily purchase more. If it turns out not so good for me, then I'll give away the remaining bottles for free in the APUG Classifieds.

Ken
    "They are the proof that something was there and no longer is. Like a stain. And the stillness of them is boggling. You can turn away but when you come back they’ll still be there looking at you."

— Diane Arbus, March 15, 1971, in response to a request for a brief statement about photographs

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Would it be possible/feasible to make a warmtone and cooltone additive to add to standard developer?

Steve.
    "People who say things won't work are a dime a dozen. People who figure out how to make things work are worth a fortune" - Dave Rat.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Very cool. I'd buy a bottle a year even if I didn't use that much...

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I would buy a few bottles and hand out a few free samples to fellow photographers. That way I could get them to order some in the next batch produced.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Yes

I would purchase one.
    Sean Depuydt - Escanaba Michigan

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Put me down for 2 bottles. Thanks, Don

Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin