Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,741   Posts: 1,515,575   Online: 916

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Simon, once again thanks for your valuable support, and helping to foster the interaction between Ilford/Harman and its customers. It is much appreciated.

Now all you have to do is get to work on Delta 50...

Shooter
    35mm
    Fot those considering it, I have used CT dev with Ilford CT paper and the effect is amazing. It gives an "icy cold" look that I found unique.

I could not achieve this look by any other means. If cool prints are your thing then do buy the CT dev and combine it with CT paper. If you are not sure but think it is a look that you will like then I don't believe you will be disappointed if you opt to buy.

I am not sure it was what I wanted but it really works well

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Count me in for 20 liters!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I suppose we can assume there will be a US distributor? I was more or less assuming that when I said I'd take it - I will if I can.

As far as the MGCT paper, I'd love to try that, it sounds like it would fit some of my images well, but I prefer to make display prints on FB. Any chance of a FB version? Barring that (I don't care that much if it looks right) in 16x20 sizes? I haven't tried it so far because I can get it in 16x20 so I'd have to change papers anyway for my largest size. I've standardized on papers I can get in all the sizes I print.

Oh and +whatever number we are up to now on the kudos for Simon's communication here and Ilford's responsiveness. Say what you like about using the materials you prefer, I lean toward Ilford any time there's a toss up, even if the price is higher. Ilford is clearly serious about their commitment to analog photography and black and white. I like to reward that with some loyalty of my own. (Ok, I still like Tri-X and T-Max developers, but I'll give DD-X a try...)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would also buy a few bottles.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Wow. Should have read this before sending email to Simon a couple of minutes ago!

Last December I wrote Simon lamenting the discontinuation of Cooltone developer and mentioning my quest for something that would neutralize the color of MGWT FB paper. He replied that he was seeking permission from the board to release Cooltone's formula. Twenty five minutes ago, I posted an update

http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1287493

detailing my testing and decision to use Moersch SE6 developer. Then, 5 minutes ago, I emailed Simon with that link, wishing him good luck with the board in obtaining permission to release the formula. I should have cruised this forum first! Thanks, Simon, for exploring the possibility of special runs of Cooltone. Additional developer options are always welcome, especially for a paper as wonderful as MGWT FB.

Shooter
    Multi Format

Update / HARMAN Cooltone Developer

Cooltone developer ? can hardly wait for the announcement. Count me in!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Jumping the gun a bit here, but...

I can imagine from the Harman Board's point of view that expressions of interest are useful but, as detailed in a previous thread, Ilford were left with unsold stock before. Good intentions wither in the breeze, cold cash may speak volumes.

Once the price is worked out, what is the possibility of running a pre-order system? An order form could be available on the website with payments made up front. These orders could get priority after any production run and be refundable if production is deemed to be non-viable. I reckon that a manufacturer would love to know that say 15% of the production run is presold before puashing the button!

It may not be much but real money in the bank helps persuade manufacturers to produce, otherwise it is a speculative venture with a *chequered* history.

Depending upon the amount of interest, this may well be a nightmare to administer or an easy way to gauge the ratio of interest to real orders.

Any thoughts welcomed,
    Sim2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sim2 View Post
    ...Any thoughts welcomed...
    Simply add the Cooltone Developer Item# to Ilford's list of films offered in the annual special-sizes program. Straightforward and no additional administrative effort.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Simply add the Cooltone Developer Item# to Ilford's list of films offered in the annual special-sizes program. Straightforward and no additional administrative effort.
    That's what I like to hear - an easy answer to a convoluted question! Not having used the special-sizes programme is an obvious disadvantage here, thanks fo rthe info.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin