Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,685   Posts: 1,548,560   Online: 1213

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I am also very impressed with Simon's efforts and Harman's response to this. Certain other companies (who shall remain nameless) could learn a lot from Harman, I think...

I am sure there is a certain element of 'mutual suppor't at work here which might help make the idea a success. I'm sure that whilst it is an 'ordinary' stock item many photographers will think 'I'd like to try it one day' - but not get around to it, leaving Harman with unsold bottles.

Knowing the company has made a special effort to do a limited one off batch and I bet many of us will be in the queue to buy a bottle not only because it has now become a bit exotic (having been resurrected from the dead), but as a show of solidarity. I predict the first 'special order' batch (if they choose to do it) would sell like crazy
    Steve

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    There are a whole bunch of economies inherent in this approach, not the least of which the fact that neither the distributors nor the dealers have to buy any of the product unless and until they have a guaranteed customer for it.
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear all,

Thanks for the feedback, I will use it next month, I would remind you it ain't a done deal yet, it has to pass the pounds, shillings and pence test yet....I will keep you updated.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    My hunch is an additive wouldn't work, from my printing experiments a while back. I've tried the Cooltone and would include it in my printing if available.

Tom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'd take 3 or 4 bottles minimum. A really wonderful developer on MG Warmtone, and on the Seagull Warmtone VC paper.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am down to my last 1/2 bottle and would like to be able to get a couple of more in the future.

Gord

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Thank you Simon, thank you

I am down to my last few bottles of original CT and was wondering what I could use as a replacement

Martin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Martin Aislabie View Post
    Thank you Simon, thank you

I am down to my last few bottles of original CT and was wondering what I could use as a replacement

Martin
    A bit off topic, but until/unless Ilford becomes available again, does anyone have any experience with this stuff from Freestyle?

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/35174-...art-makes-3.75

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Great!!
    I will buy several of them, if available in som way!!
    Really loved the stuff as a complement to neutral and warmtone developers, never found anything like it: "super cool"!
    /Bertil

Shooter
    Multi Format

Looks to be Clayton Ultra Cold Tone

Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    A bit off topic, but until/unless Ilford becomes available again, does anyone have any experience with this stuff from Freestyle?

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/35174-...art-makes-3.75
    Noting that their MSDSs are identical, and considering the MSDS for Freestyle's version says Clayton right on top, I'd say it's Clayton Ultra Cold Tone in Freestyle labeling.

I have no experience with it, but, based on this post by Brian Steinberger

http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1148237,

decided to pass on the opportunity. Instead, I tried and am exceedingly pleased with Moersch SE6 developer. It's expensive, but, unless/until Ilford Cooltone developer is brought back, seems to be the best commercially available liquid developer for neutralizing MGWT FB, my current favorite paper. See what I wrote about that here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1287493

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin