Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,563   Posts: 1,545,298   Online: 791

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    20 Jan 2012

Simon:

Thank you Simon for information regarding the Cooltone developer that I have missed. I really like the very versatile developer. I have used it by itself and mixed with other developers. All with good results. I would purchase this developer if available, even on an annual basis.

Thank you also for great customer service and communication about "what's cooking" at Harman Technology. I look forward to hearing more.

Regards,
    Darwin

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Noting that their MSDSs are identical, and considering the MSDS for Freestyle's version says Clayton right on top, I'd say it's Clayton Ultra Cold Tone in Freestyle labeling.

I have no experience with it, but, based on this post by Brian Steinberger

http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1148237,

decided to pass on the opportunity. Instead, I tried and am exceedingly pleased with Moersch SE6 developer. It's expensive, but, unless/until Ilford Cooltone developer is brought back, seems to be the best commercially available liquid developer for neutralizing MGWT FB, my current favorite paper. See what I wrote about that here:

http://www.apug.org/forums/viewpost.php?p=1287493

Well duh. I figured an MSDS might give some ingredients but it never occurred to me it would have the "real" brand name on it! Thanks for the info.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simon

Many thanks for going to the trouble to investigate this. I would certainly buy 5 litres.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Any update on this? We want a genuine Cooltone developer!

And while on the subject - I have about a half bottle of warmtone that seems to have gone bad. The bottle is heavy and almost certainly airtight (seems to store well before the foil is removed) but once the foil is removed it is not. You can (with a really good grip) squeeze most of the air out of the bottle but it will inflate again in short order. The next Ilford liquid developer I buy will be immediately decanted into other bottles, but it shouldn't be too much to ask to package it in a bottle with a lid that will seal air tight.

But mainly we want our Cooltone.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    ...We want a genuine Cooltone developer!...
    Exactly what you want:

http://www.freestylephoto.biz/011920...eloper-1-Liter

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Sal Santamaura View Post
    Yeah, I re-read that recommendation today. I was thinking, maybe silly of me, that Ilford's might be cheaper. But this wouldn't be TOO bad.

Anyone tried the SE6 with Ilford Cooltone paper?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    A few weeks back, we had a couple of threads about ILFORD Cooltone Developer that is no longer manufactured. I promised that I would speak to the board of HARMAN to see if they would release the formula so it could be made available to those who make their own chemistry.

Well, I spoke to the board yesterday, and two of the board memebers are actually chemists, the Managing Director and the Chairman... and they pointed out something that I did not know. One of the constituent materials used in the manufacture of HARMAN Cooltone is a chemical that is only manufactured by HARMAN R&D itself and as such its chemical make up and manufacturing process is company IP and therefore confidential so it could not be released, I am sorry.

What they have asked me to do is to look at the 'viability' of a custom make of the product and to present to them the financials at the next board early February, dependant on costings etc they will decide whether to authorise a 'custom' make, perhaps once per annum.

So to be clear, I am not saying we are going to make again, what I am saying is that they will consider it. I will let you know how I get on.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :
    Ilford Galerie and Cooltone developer is (was?) a very aesthetically pleasing combination IMHO.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Simon - Any update?
    Andy

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I will buy some. How many depends on unopened shelf life. This would be great! Sorry I'm a little late to the show.

Shooter
    35mm
    Simon first reported on this in Jan 2012 and said that it would be put to the board in Feb 2012 but we have heard nothing further and it is now nearly Feb 2013.

I wonder what happened to prevent a report back? I presume the board rejected the idea but it would be nice to know.

pentaxuser

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin