Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,822   Posts: 1,581,886   Online: 1152

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Update / HARMAN Cooltone Developer :

A few weeks back, we had a couple of threads about ILFORD Cooltone Developer that is no longer manufactured. I promised that I would speak to the board of HARMAN to see if they would release the formula so it could be made available to those who make their own chemistry.

Well, I spoke to the board yesterday, and two of the board memebers are actually chemists, the Managing Director and the Chairman... and they pointed out something that I did not know. One of the constituent materials used in the manufacture of HARMAN Cooltone is a chemical that is only manufactured by HARMAN R&D itself and as such its chemical make up and manufacturing process is company IP and therefore confidential so it could not be released, I am sorry.

What they have asked me to do is to look at the 'viability' of a custom make of the product and to present to them the financials at the next board early February, dependant on costings etc they will decide whether to authorise a 'custom' make, perhaps once per annum.

So to be clear, I am not saying we are going to make again, what I am saying is that they will consider it. I will let you know how I get on.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simon,
    as always we appreciate your efforts.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Wooo hooo for your efforts!!

I would take 1 bottle (I have never used it so maybe more each successive year should the results be what I am looking for) should the price to purchase in the US not be out of this world
    Andy

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I would by a few bottles, still have two left. The keeping properties unmixed is quite outstanding, i see no difference to the developer now and 3 years ago.
    Thanks for looking into this Simon.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by JLP View Post
    I still have two left.
    You've got one to spare?

It would be awesome if the product was available even on an annual special order basis. Also, as previously suggested, it could be made available in its powder form to reduce storage/packaging/and manufacturing costs.

How about we call it the super cool, cooltone dev

Best

Delphine

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Simon, thanks for asking the questions!

I would buy it if it were available, if I had to order up some once a year, so be it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I love the feedback/interaction available here with some manufacturers, this is customer service!
    I have never used the cooltone dev but having followed the previous threads I am intrigued with it as an opposing alternative to the warmtone dev. Long answer, but I would put in for a bottle (at similar cost to warmtone dev) - for curiosity sake and perhaps to assist those that really need the dev back again.

Sim2.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I will definitely take at least one bottle, maybe two, if the price is anything at all reasonable. I too have never used it but would like to find a true cool tone developer, so I'd be eager to try it.

Shooter
    Med. Format Pan
    Simon-- Be sure to point out that if it has a shelf life at all, that a single yearly run might be a real good seller. I don't know of any other specific developer like this at the moment, and like the yearly film runs, we could all gang up with orders at one time a year. If it has a significant shelf life then doing runs at the end of that shelf life might be an interesting idea--- one year... three year?
    * Just because your eyes are closed, doesn't mean the lights in the darkroom are off. *
    * When the film you put in the camera is worth more than the camera you put the film in... *
    * When I started using 8x10, it amazed me how many shots were close to the car. *

JLP
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It is great for split developing not just as a single developer. By variations in time between the cool tone/warm tone developers you have so many options. Works great with Ilford warmtone paper.

Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin