Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,691   Posts: 1,482,382   Online: 734

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by J Rollinger View Post
    Ilford will still be there after Kodak and all others are gone.. Their dedicated to their product!
    do't hamster run-out product1,BUY FRESH FROM ILFORD!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear all,

Thanks for your feedback, it is greatly appreciated.

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    35mm
    Top company, top products, top people.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    As a new returner to analog after a 20-year absence, I've recently had to decide which film, chemicals and papers to start with. After careful consideration, and despite the presence of some strong products from other manufacturers, I finally decided to go with all Ilford products (Delta 100, ID-11, Miltigrade IV RC paper). Part of this was the good service I received from their South African representative Midsouth, but a major consideration was my level of comfort with their committment to film, their ability to operate sustainably in a low volume market, and their active presence on APUG.

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Youse lot have obviously caught on to something I discovered in 1961

(Does this site already have too many grumpy old men?)

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    (Does this site already have too many grumpy old men?)

We can never have enough. We should form a group.

And Ilford does have terrific customer service. Speaking of which, a mouse got into my paper drawer and ate the corner of my 11x14 fibre, and the light got at it. Simon.........?
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Johnny Walker,

Good news, the mouse will come to absolutely no harm...... silver is an antimicrobial* so it may even stop the mouse smelling, if it ate the box.... the ILFORD boxes are made from recycled material and then overwrapped with the nice paper, so again the mouse will will be fine, don't worry. The paper will be ruined, hard cheese as they say.

*Hence of course "born with a 'silver spoon' in your mouth", before refridgerators, the wealthy ate with silver cutlery..for a very good reason.

Regards Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited

Shooter
    Large Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    ...the mouse will come to absolutely no harm......

Regards Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited
    I second all the kind words to Simon, and I love his sense of humor. I've been transitioning to Ilford products as my Kodak inventory is depleted (started well before Kodak's recently published ills), mainly because of Ilford's expressed commitment to all of us APUGers.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by silveror0 View Post
    I second all the kind words to Simon, and I love his sense of humor. I've been transitioning to Ilford products as my Kodak inventory is depleted (started well before Kodak's recently published ills), mainly because of Ilford's expressed commitment to all of us APUGers.
    Same here: I have used PanF (Plus) and FP4 exclusively in the Blads for years - wonderful films. For my 35mm (black and white) shooting, I use HP5 and Tri-X pretty much interchangeably (although I must admit to a bit of a preference for the latter when possible); for existing light work, the nod, again, goes to Ilford's Delta 3200. My color work, of course, remains the exclusive province of Kodak. I absolutely love E100G and E100VS. When these two are gone, I will hang up my color shooting.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    After using and promoting Ilford paper for years, I find I can no long afford this marvelous product. Oh well.
    www.ericrose.com
    yourbaddog.com

"civility is not a sign of weakness" JFK

"The Dude abides" - the Dude

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin