Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,682   Posts: 1,548,521   Online: 868

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Eric Rose View Post
    ...I find I can no long afford this marvelous product...
    I'm particularly fond of the saying "you're not rich enough to afford cheap things."

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Simon R Galley View Post
    Dear Johnny Walker,

Good news, the mouse will come to absolutely no harm...... silver is an antimicrobial* so it may even stop the mouse smelling, if it ate the box....
    The mouse is no longer with us, through no fault of Ilford. The cat however was greatly relieved to hear the news.
    If I had been present at the creation, I would have given some useful hints for the better arrangement of the Universe.
    Alfonso the Wise, 1221-1284

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    Same here: I have used PanF (Plus) and FP4 exclusively in the Blads for years - wonderful films. For my 35mm (black and white) shooting, I use HP5 and Tri-X pretty much interchangeably (although I must admit to a bit of a preference for the latter when possible); for existing light work, the nod, again, goes to Ilford's Delta 3200. My color work, of course, remains the exclusive province of Kodak. I absolutely love E100G and E100VS. When these two are gone, I will hang up my color shooting.
    Completely agree about Ilford. I've been using FP4+ as my medium speed film since Plus-X was discontinued and love it. Just shot my first two rolls of Pan F in a couple of decades and looks like great results there too. I have found I can get slightly better grain and another stop of effective speed from TMZ than Delta 3200 but that was a long time ago - maybe I should try Delta 3200 in 35mm again. I do love it in 120.

As an aside about the color, I love those films too, went to E100G when Astia was discontinued, but since the demise of Ilfochrome I am changing to neg film except for the slide film I have in stock, of occasionally for projection. Try the new Portras, either 160 or 400, for a neutral, fully but not overly saturated neg film and Ektar 100 in place of E100VS. Oh, wait, that won't help you if Kodak dies...

I like Ilford a lot and appreciate their sticking to what they know and do best, black and white, which is also my first and main photographic love, but I do enough color that I really wish the prospects for Portra 400 and Ektar 100 were brighter than they look.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by tomalophicon View Post
    Yes, thei'r...
    yes,they are !at photokina2020in cologne their ceo announced that ilford will be the last company 'standing' in the b7wbusiness
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by RalphLambrecht View Post
    yes,they are !at photokina2020in cologne their ceo announced that ilford will be the last company 'standing' in the b7wbusiness
    And I believe they are quite serious about their "last man standing" plan.

I hope to be one of their last customers.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

K-G
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by michaelbsc View Post
    And I believe they are quite serious about their "last man standing" plan.

I hope to be one of their last customers.
    May you live eternally !

Karl-Gustaf
    Karl-Gustaf Hellqvist

www.heliochroma.com

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin