Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,559   Posts: 1,545,254   Online: 846

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by djklmnop
    I think my statement might've came through too strict .

Andy
    No problem, Andy. And, I didn't mean to sound as if I was getting on your case. I certainly agree with the need for calibration by some means. I simply wanted to point out that aspects of the Zone System come in different "strengths" - something that can benefit those who may be satisfied by something less than "industrial strength".
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

I started off using FP4 but transitioned over to HP5 after about a year. It Zones very nicely and I like the additional speed. (I do 2x enlargements of 4x5 negs and no noticable difference in grain on my prints.) Of course, my HP5 suggestion does you no good if its on back-order too, but if its available its worth a shot.

Developer: I now use DD-X, but D-76 is good with FP4 and HP5. I used it mostly 1+3 with FP4 (N = 12 minutes for MGIV w/#2.5 filter) and 1+2 with HP5 (N = 11 minutes ?).

Chris

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by chrisg
    . . . DD-X . . . I used it mostly 1+3 with FP4 (N = 12 minutes for MGIV w/#2.5 filter) and 1+2 with HP5 (N = 11 minutes ?).
    Chris - I like DD-X, too, both for its properties and its convenience as a liquid concentrate. I'm curious about the dillutions and times that work for you, however, as the dillutions are "hotter" and the times longer than those often recommended as a starting point. Any thoughts about what in your environment or workflow that relate to this?
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin