Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,579   Posts: 1,545,758   Online: 1013

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    Hey Bruce - that makes 2 of us

I read so much about D-23 being very similar to D-76, I never really thought about an exhaustion problem, since I did it so much with D-76.

I won't do that again

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by akaa View Post
    Hey Bruce - that makes 2 of us

I read so much about D-23 being very similar to D-76, I never really thought about an exhaustion problem, since I did it so much with D-76.

I won't do that again
    Well I just was researching this and it appears the some people dilute it even further like 1:3/1:4 for a compensating situation.
    Like I said though I don't know how much stock solution is needed per roll.

You probably got a double whammy of underexposure and underdevelopment due to the slight exaustion.

Since you are scanning you will probably salvage some images though unless you have uneven skys or some agitation issue.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    "Down the drain" except for fixer that's what I have been doing for 30 years."

Sometimes edge markings are thin or non-existant depending on reel contact... more-so since you severely underdeveloped things.

I have never had any defective film YET and your experience level points to user errors.

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Aurelien View Post
    And third, PAnF needs more developing time than what Ilford says on their boxes : this is for PAnF, FP4 and HP5 (moreover in D76)
    I would totally agree with this quote. Never believe chart times, but if you use the same film, same dev, same concentration, over and over and over again you will discover what works for you.

“The contemplation of things as they are, without error or confusion, without substitution or imposture, is in itself a nobler thing than a whole harvest of invention”

Francis Bacon

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin