Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,938   Posts: 1,557,330   Online: 1072

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Does Fuji make black and white paper?

Hi Guys-
    Does Fuji offer a black and white paper in other parts of the world besides the US?...I've never seen any here in the US...I'd be very interested in it if they do.

Patrick
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Sub 35mm
    Images
    Yes they do. It's extremely nice paper. They make a single weight fibre paper too.
    http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/index.php?cPath=30

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    That's great! I wish though that it was a little less expensive..Maybe I'll give it a try. They should offer it in the US
    Helping to save analog photography one exposure at a time

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I had the opportunity to try a few 25 sheet packs of 8x10 and a 50 pack of 5x7 single weight Rc papers in their various versions. Fujiburo and something else I forget a year or so back.

I actually didn't like it all that much. It was a bit slower in developing than comparable ilford papers and tones weren't as deep black as I like. Their single weight was also thinner than ilford single weight vc rc and arista papers. Not worth the extra cost IMO.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    I tested the Rembrant years back against a lot of other offerings,,, Ilford Warmtone was my choice but Rembrant was very nice.
    Fuji does not import this paper into North America, so when I bought it the customs and duties charge was horrific.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Fuji makes Rembrandt (FB) and Fujibro (RC) paper. The Rembrandt is graded, and the Fujibro comes in both graded and variable contrast papers. As noted above, the Fujibro is a bit thinner but I find it to be a fast paper. It dries incredibly flat. I've been using it in the past couple of postcard exchanges because it is the cheapest paper available out here in Japan (as opposed to Fuji film, which is more expensive in Japan than what I can buy in the U.S.). The graded RC (slowly and reluctantly) produces a nice sandy lith print, but the VC paper and Rembrandt do not.

As far as I know, none of these papers are sold outside of Japan.
    Rachelle

My favorite thing is to go where I've never been. D. Arbus

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images
    Maybe we should club together to butter up Rachelle and get her to set up an export business for the Fuji stuff we can't get over here

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    ...The Rembrandt is graded...
    Rembrant is variable contrast, not graded. Default grade without a filter is 2. There was another version that exhibited default grade 3 without a filter; that one was discontinued just under 5 years ago. I tested both in 2006 and preferred the default-grade-2 version, so no loss as far as I'm concerned.

http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/p...products_id=86

Quote Originally Posted by mooseontheloose View Post
    ...As far as I know, none of these papers are sold outside of Japan.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_c5x4 View Post
    Maybe we should club together to butter up Rachelle and get her to set up an export business for the Fuji stuff we can't get over here
    That's exactly what Dirk does with his Japan Exposures shop. He buys at retail in Tokyo and sells worldwide. The link below even prices Rembrant in £.

http://www.japanexposures.com/shop/p...products_id=86

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I tried the Rembrandt single weight a few years ago. It was nothing special.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    My recollection of Rembrant was it was a VC paper double weight. Neutral Toned.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin