Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,514   Posts: 1,543,677   Online: 908

Thread: T400CN

Shooter
    35mm
    Images

T400CN

I got hold of three T400CN (T-Max C-41 processed) which expiration date is 2001.

As I did for one roll of BW400CN, I intend to develop those films with B&W developer (most probably D-76). During a first try, I applied the same time development than BW400CN on the T400CN roll (D-76 22 min at 22 C) but the film got "burnt".

So I made some research for the T400CN time development but I found nothing.

Would somebody have some clue regarding it, whatever the developer would be?

Yours,

photo-gear

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Oo I would have done bw400cn 14mins in d-76 stock, so I assume you are talking stand development. Have you tried just normal agitation at 14mins?? Or d-76 1+1 instead of stock?
    Addicted to caffenol processing
    Will buy stereo cameras, Any Autographic camera with red bellows
    OR Any Vanity or Petitie Kodak Camera -working

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    with BW400CN I went with the Mass. Chart.

but there ain't nothing for T400CN.

Shooter
    35mm
    T400CN was a quite different film to BW400CN. For one thing T400CN was designed to be printed on real black & white paper (like Ilford XP2) while BW400CN is intended for printing on RA4 colour paper. I once accidently developed a roll of T400CN in D76 1:1 and there was not much of an image on the negs as I recall.

IMO T400CN was a great film (developed in C41) and one of only a few Kodak products that I have really missed over the years. I liked it better than XP2 because its speed was closer to a true 400ISO than XP2. OzJohn

Shooter
    Multi Format
    This film was designed to be processed as a color film. Results with a BW developer will be rather poor particularly with a color film that is 10 years old.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Gerald C Koch View Post
    This film was designed to be processed as a color film. Results with a BW developer will be rather poor particularly with a color film that is 10 years old.
    Agreed - I have an old Kodak data sheet for this film, they recommend only C-41, and specifically not to use ordinary B&W dev.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin