Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,895   Posts: 1,520,980   Online: 928

Shooter
    Multi Format

how new is the new tmax 100?

hi
    i am a little confused.

i have a bunch of tmax 100 4x5 film that expired about a year ago if not a little more than that, and i was just about to process a bunch of it ...
    but now i am not sure how i can find out if it is the new tmax 100 or the olde tmax 100. i never paid too much attention that that sort of thing when i bought it, i needed tmax 100 so i bought a bunch of it

the developing times in xtol are pretty different ... can anyone give me an idea if the box is different &C ?

i'd rather not have bullet-proof negatives, if i don't have to

much thanks!

john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If it's called 'T-MAX 100 Professional' (TMX), it's the old stuff. If it's called 'Professional T-MAX 100' (100TMX), it's the new stuff.

Here is the full story from Kodak.

Best,
    Helen
    PS If you have the new stuff you may wish to stick with your old times - at least test one roll/sheet.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    hey helen -

it has the olde notch code ( 2-v's ) and it is the olde packaging, so i guess it is the olde stuff

now ... all i have to do is some tests to see about processing the stuff - -

thanks!

- - john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I've used both the "old" and "new" versions of this film in 35mm and 120 and there is no practical difference in processing times. I've never changed my developing times from the old version, mainly because there were no published times for XTOL at 1+3 for the new version, and the results have been identical. So don't fret about it too much. Run a couple of tests to get things all nicely dialed in and you're set to go.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fschifano
    I've used both the "old" and "new" versions of this film in 35mm and 120 and there is no practical difference in processing times. I've never changed my developing times from the old version, mainly because there were no published times for XTOL at 1+3 for the new version, and the results have been identical. So don't fret about it too much. Run a couple of tests to get things all nicely dialed in and you're set to go.
    thanks!
    i shot a bunch of sheets of film tonight to just make sure < sheet film tests>, since as you said there were no published times &C. it just makes me a little nervous when the " massive developing chart " leaves no times for sheet film ...

thanks for the encouragement ...

Shooter
    Multi Format

glad I found this thread!

With the "technical hitch" Ilford are experiencing,I've recently decided to switch to kodak(tmax and tri-x were the only 2 non~Ilford bw films I ever liked).
    It's certainly reassuring that one of the "big names" are still committed to bw.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin