Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,533   Posts: 1,572,702   Online: 834

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    What system does one need to develop 70mm film ? I guess this does not work in a Jobo 1500 series tank ?
    Laurent

---------------------------------------------------------------
    Only dull people are brilliant at breakfast (Oscar Wilde)

My APUG Blog

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I believe the 'fabled' Jobo reel for 70mm film is the 2517, which takes a 5' length of film.

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    photographie argentique!
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Laurent, I have an any-size steel reel that I made in a few minutes. I just cut the steel reel in half and reattached the some pieces with hollow aluminum tube, which were then crimped to keep the right size. The thin base means you can bend it very easily. There are probably some 70mm reels coming onto the used market too, I'd just watch ebay. I do know a few labs still process it.

~~~

In case it's useful, I'll insert some points from another forum, in which someone pointed out that the effective cost per roll is roughly the same you'd currently pay for 120 acros at freestyle. Obviously, people need to do their own math and decide whether it makes sense for them. It makes sense to me because (1) I never claimed this to be identical to plus-x but as a matter of fact, I like the extended red sensitivity; (2) when you purchase a bulk roll like this your price is "locked in" for a very long time (!);(2b) you also have very consistent material to work with for along time; (3) the thin base doesn't bother me in the least, I have panatomic x on estar and love it - you can fit a lot of exposures in one little canister- the 70mm backs aren't that much bigger than the 120/220 ones; (4) you can cut it down to use it in a number of ways; and (5) if it isn't for you then just don't buy it.. but don't moan a year from now about not having any Kodak either
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by benveniste View Post
    Given that I still haven't come up with a project for the 40' of 70mm (perforated) TechPan I have in the freezer, I can't see myself using 500' of Plus-X. But I admit to being tempted by the 150' rolls of perforated Double-X on eBay.
    There's 70mm Double-X on ebay? I can't find it...

Duncan

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Vaughn View Post
    David from CA was the first to contact me and I'll try to get it out this week.

I am going to take a look around to see if I still have some other rolls of it.

Vaughn
    David, I need your address again -- can't find it!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Yep I saw that, but thanks. I have since found quite a lot of other stuff and invested appropriately.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Athiril View Post
    Also

http://www.ebay.com/itm/120814393304

(only 150 ft, though a lot cheaper!)

Duncan

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Many thanks to Keith for coordination of bulk purchase and arrangement of special order from Kodak.
    It can be the last chance to rich excellent Kodak Plus-X in 70mm. I think it may disappear soon.

Two years ago Martin Reed did the APUG action for group purchase of FP4/HP5 in this exciting format.
    He was personally geared up for 70mm film and he wanted to do a regular Silverprint supply of the Ilford film in 70mm. It was why he was pushing APUG members for it.

Martin suggested a very small order (60 cans of 30 meters) at the beginning which was a drop in the bucket on the scale of Ilford production.
    Initially it seemed that the response from the APUG community is encouraging.

I was fascinated by this proposal, especially because I feel comfortable working with a long roll 70mm system.

I'm sure Keith remembers that action, it was a great interest in Ilford 70mm film at the beginning.

Unfortunately, despite the enthusiastic declaration it was only 6 rolls ordered finally and the whole thing fizzled out.
    I couldn’t believe there was so small demand for that great stuff.

I hope it is a still, sufficient interest in 70mm Plus-X now, but I am slightly skeptical after that failed attempt.
    It's a pity my freezer is still stuffed with old 70mm aerial stock, but why not to try the fresh batch of Plus-X Aerographic ?

I'm afraid that Keith is right, Plus-X lovers will moan a year from now about not having any fresh Kodak stuff

Jan Wilhelm

Shooter
    Multi Format

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin