Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,943   Posts: 1,585,775   Online: 1121

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images

Group purchase: Kodak Plus-X 70mm x 500ft bulk rolls

I'd like to coordinate a bulk purchase of plus-x in the form of 70mm x 500 ft rolls. This is aerecon material on an estar base. The minimum order is 18 rolls at $720 each, so obviously I'd like to divide this order between several colleagues here on APUG.

It'll get too complicated if we divide the rolls at this stage, so let's work in units of 500 ft. Please let me know how many rolls you will commit to (commiting to purchase a single roll is okay). Once we get close to the target, I'll arrange order and compute shipping etc.

For reference, this is quite similar to standard plus-x but it differs in two important regards: (1) this has more red sensitivity, and (2) the film is on the thin estar base. I have quite a lot of panatomic x on the same base and it's great... fits easily into most holders. I'll be using it mostly in the rb and rz 70mm rollfilm holders and in some sheet holders.

The film can *probably* be cut down to other sizes e.g. 120/220, but I don't have time to arrange that- I am just looking for commitments for straight rolls right now.

So... please let me know how many rolls you'd commit to and if we pass the threshold, I'll get it done.

Here's a link to the product:

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...erecon_II.html

Please feel free to pass this invitation on to colleagues at other sites as well.
    "Only dead fish follow the stream"

[APUG Portfolio] [APUG Blog] [Website]

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Since you mentioned 70mm film. Anyone interested in a 100' roll of 70mm Kodalith Ortho Film 6556 (type 3)?

It came from a military research center and I believe bought by them in 7/1996. In the originally sealed box. Well stored by them, but at room temp for the last 4 years.

Free, plus shipping. Perhaps someone wants it to experiment with 70mm film before buying the film Keith is trying to get an order for.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I can also provide snips of 70mm, but what I have is 2005 vintage portra.

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    David from CA was the first to contact me and I'll try to get it out this week.

I am going to take a look around to see if I still have some other rolls of it.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    According to Kodak, this film is discontinued, so I'm not sure that the B&H catalog is up to date. Plus-X 2402 is still shown as available, though:
    http://www.kodak.com/ek/US/en/Aerial...hite_Films.htm

Given that I still haven't come up with a project for the 40' of 70mm (perforated) TechPan I have in the freezer, I can't see myself using 500' of Plus-X. But I admit to being tempted by the 150' rolls of perforated Double-X on eBay.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    According to a conversation I just had with someone at B&H, the film I describe is available on special order from Kodak. 18 roll minimum order, as I described.

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    A couple of years ago, friend at the local state government Department of Sustainability & Environment gave me several (expired) 100ft rolls of this stuff that they had sitting in an office for aerial mapping activities. After collecting a heap of 70mm processing ephemera, I finally exposed a couple of rolls with a Mamiya back on a miniature Crown Graphic - you can get 50x 6x7cm negatives on one roll!! I found if I processed it like regular Plus-X the results were fine. Next time I might try stand developing (like Rodinal 1:100 for an hour or something) and see what happens...

This does inspire me to shoot the rest of my "stash" though, so in the interests of emotionally amortising all the 70mm infrastructure I've accumulated, please put me down for ONE roll Keith, and I'll commence saving!!!

Marc!
    Marc Morel
    President, Melbourne Silver Mine Inc.
    ------------
    http://mrmarcmorel.wordpress.com/
    http://silvermine.org.au

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Thanks Marc! Sure you don't want two??

I have gotten terrific results from my 5" aerial film.

I'll just point that 70mm backs are rather plentiful on ebay now. The Mamiya one is especially nice, it features a vacuum plate that is activated by a hand bulb.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by keithwms View Post
    Thanks Marc! Sure you don't want two??

I have gotten terrific results from my 5" aerial film.

I'll just point that 70mm backs are rather plentiful on ebay now. The Mamiya one is especially nice, it features a vacuum plate that is activated by a hand bulb.
    Can i easy get a back for my Maiya 645AFD or my Hasselblad 500CM?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I'm not aware of one for the 645 AFD, you'd probably have to cut down to 220 for that to make sense. But there must be a 70mm back for the 500cm.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin