Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,677   Posts: 1,482,015   Online: 865

Shooter
    35mm

frame for change bag (35mm processing equipment)?

hello--

Has anyone assembled a frame of sorts--e.g., via fitting together small PVC tubes--to 'open up' the change bag--in order to more easily get the film into the Paterson tank?

thank you

Dean Taylor

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use to use the largest box that would fit inside the bag, with the flaps cut off and part of the side facing the zipper cut out to be able to put stuff in there. You may have to experiment with different boxes to find what will work for you.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    I haven't done it myself, but I have a friend who made a "dome" of two criss-crossed lengths of sturdy wire mounted onto a board. He slides this into his changing bag and it keeps the upper portion of the bag aloft like a tent. It works well and was dirt cheap. Wire hangers could work for this, too.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I have done the box thing, and it does help, but it is cumbersome inside the bag, and I gave it up after a few times. The wire dome might be a little easier to work with.
    Tom, on Point Pelee, Canada

Ansel Adams had the Zone System... I'm working on the points system. First I points it here, and then I points it there...

http://tom-overton-images.weebly.com

Shooter
    Multi Format

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    An outside frame with cords hanging down with clips might work, also. Nothing inside to hamper one's movement.

I have used a piece of stiff plastic sheeting, cut larger in one direction than the bag. Because it is bigger, it creates a dome inside -- worked okay.

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin