Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,838   Posts: 1,582,467   Online: 769

Shooter
    Medium Format

Mobile Darkroom Project - last 6 days!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oto-palace-bus

Please take a look at this project and pass on the word about it.
    We had really positive feedback from members of this forum I am hoping for just a bit more
    When complete this Vehicle will offer many more artists of all ages the wonderful experience of gelatin silver printing and much more.

Thank You.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by orlovphoto View Post
    http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/...oto-palace-bus

Please take a look at this project and pass on the word about it.
    We had really positive feedback from members of this forum I am hoping for just a bit more
    When complete this Vehicle will offer many more artists of all ages the wonderful experience of gelatin silver printing and much more.

Thank You.
    Can I pay with PayPal?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I know this isn't the thing you have in mind, but an option would be to make the trip and the shooting, but if you can't outfit the bus, make arrangements through APUG members to use darkrooms across the country as you go. It might have a whole different community connectivity.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Lesm - We are going to add a Paypal button to our blog http://thephotopalace.blogspot.com as soon as the kickstarter campaign is over (as I have a feeling it might not hit the goal and I'm hoping that folks who pledged through there would just re-donate on paypal). You can certainly send any amount you feel like you can spare to orlovphoto@hotmail.com and I can actually arrange for you to get the same reward that you would have if you donated through kickstarter)

George - one of the main points of this venture is to bring the darkroom to places where there is none. Secondly, we plan on doing workshops in National Forests and development and printing would take place there as well. Also, I have been to dozens of darkrooms and (not saying anything about anyone's darkroom here) I could not see myself working in 75% of them... (which is why I opened a darkroom in San Diego where I had a lot of people come by and compliment on how clean and functional it is - a few floks even donated their equipment from their make-shift darkrooms because they didn't want to go through the pain of printing in their bathroom any more)

The Bus WILL be built, I really don't care if I have to sell all my 50+ cameras and a kidney. I think this is well worth a try and if it fails I'll at least have something very spectacular to drive off the cliff on highway 1 somewhere by Big Sur.

Shooter
    127 Format
    Too bad. It looks like you're about to ruin a beautiful bus. One would think there is a half-ruined bus out there somewhere that wouldn't suffer as badly as this poor, doomed, beautiful bus.

You can usually find a completely ruined bus at Burning Man or something that would actually come out better.

Oh well...
    - Bill Lynch

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin