Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,951   Posts: 1,557,908   Online: 947

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark Layne
    This gives me just the right contrast for bright sunlight. Would 1:50 with a shorter time give more "sparkle". Perhaps-I'm not sure
    Mark I prefer the lower dilution, but give it a try as it's all personal taste

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Mark I prefer the lower dilution, but give it a try as it's all personal taste
    I often use 1+25 to make my negs KICK through the walls. Develop +25% and then I prepare for a high contrast neg that 95% of the users here won't like....my I do.

I works very well with pictures of wood, stone and other materials with structure.

Morten

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    I often use 1+25 to make my negs KICK through the walls. Develop +25% and then I prepare for a high contrast neg that 95% of the users here won't like....my I do.

I works very well with pictures of wood, stone and other materials with structure.

Morten
    Awwwwwww Morton does it show good taste to always be in a minority? Good to know I'm in your 5% Brother!

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by TPPhotog
    Awwwwwww Morton does it show good taste to always be in a minority? Good to know I'm in your 5% Brother!
    Thanks. But be careful with the 1+25 done for 25% longer...It's not suitable for everything...!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

A different developer

Pan F is one of my favorite films, just bought over 3000 feet of it recently just in case they decide to stop making it... Anyway, I have been developing it recently in Ab55, a two bath developer. It's not the finest grain stuff around, but i have no problems in restraining the highlights under contrasty situations. I shoot at an EI 32, and then do 5 minutes in the first bath and 3 minutes in the second bath. I only agitate one a minute in the second bath...
    Another thing I've started to do is use DR5. Panf and DR5 are a wonderful combo, I especially like their warm tone developer. You can see some examples on my website.

Isaac

www.homepage.mac.com/isaacc7

Shooter
    Large Format
    I process Pan F+ in ID-11 1+3. I for scenes with higher contrast agitation is very important, I do it usually following way:
    0 - 5 min ... 3 inversions every minute
    7 and 9 min ... 2 inversions
    12 min ... 1 inversion
    15 min ... stop

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin