Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,690   Posts: 1,548,840   Online: 1001

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    ROL
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by bdial View Post
    I especially like #1, but #1 is pretty good too.

It's a good list, I can personally vouch for the wisdom of pretty much all of them.
    Weird??. There's an echo in here.

Shooter
    35mm
    Ten great rules.
    I couldn't afford AC but I did have heat and a pressurized darkroom.
    In your case I suppose the Hepa filter will take care of the dust.

Francis in VT

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    ... I am still traumatized by the day I spent getting all of my connections watertight.
    Been there, done that:

http://newdr.blogspot.com/2010/10/water-water-everywhere.html

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    David: thanks for sharing. Misery loves company! I especially liked your revised poem.
    Dan

web site: Dan Henderson, Photographer.com

blog: https://danhendersonphotographer.wordpress.com/

I am not anti-digital. I am pro-film.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Dan Henderson View Post
    I am still traumatized by the day I spent getting all of my connections watertight.
    I get a nervous twitch just thinking about that experience. And I still get waves of occasional anxiety at the thought of a H2O connection bursting when I'm away.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Given the choice I would prefer a nice DR in a basement. But I live in Oklahoma. Homes are on slab foundations. I have options but decided to keep things simple.

1. DR (unvented) set up in the utility room; 7 ft by 11 ft
    2. The utility room window has a dark shade between the glass. There is a door to the garage and the kitchen. With additional light masking I could use the DR during daylight.
    3. To extend and flatten my tray surface I place a 1/8 inch thick plywood on top of the washing machine. Largest usable tray size (4) 8x10 or (1) 11x14 for single tray processing.
    4. The existing counter top between the washer and dryer is used for the enlarger.
    5. Safe light is a 10 in diameter silver reflector with a Jr Lab bulb. Hung by wrapping electric cord around cabinet door handle.

I use a water stop bath and TF-4 to reduce fumes. After each print I dump the water bath in a nearby sink. The fixed print is placed in a water hold bath. I move in and out of the DR after each print. Final washing is done in a 12 x 16 in tray with the fill and dump method.
    Last edited by Richard Jepsen; 02-02-2012 at 10:35 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    RJ

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin