Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,963   Posts: 1,523,235   Online: 852

old J and C 100 sheet film dev time?

Hi All, I've dug up my old C1 view camera with the desire to shoot some new negatives for pt/pd. I have a 6 year old box of J and C 100 and see that, unfortunately, they are no longer around. I'm curious if anyone knows a development time for D76? I didn't find it on the Massive dev. chart. I'll likely use a undiluted stock mix.

Thanks,
    Echard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look on the Massive development chart at digital truth site, under unlisted data. I know I've seen J&C pro 100 listed there before.

Just checked, 9.5 mins for stock and 13.5 for 1+1, both times are 20c temp.
    Last edited by Rick A; 02-01-2012 at 11:10 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added info
    Rick A
    Argentum aevum
    BTW: the big kid in my avatar is my hero, my son, who proudly serves us in the Navy. "SALUTE"

Images
    Good Morning, Echard,

I can't help precisely with the JC/D-76 combo, but I've found that 7.5 minutes in HC-110B works fine. Maybe you can look at various developing charts for other films to see how D-76 and HC-110B times generally compare to establish a good starting point.

(That's with continuous agitation drum processing.)

Konical
    Last edited by Konical; 02-01-2012 at 11:17 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: added info

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello Echard;
    The old J & C film is Shanghai GP3 100. For D76 straight I would develop for 8 to 9 minutes. This is a good starting point and adjust as needed. Good luck, Steven.

Awesome! That's just what I was looking for!

Many Thanks,
    Echard

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin