Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,568   Posts: 1,545,440   Online: 1088

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Shooter
    35mm Pan
    Thank you guys!
    Erikg, no edge printing on film at all. Very strange!
    Any how, my son will have blast with it! What else is better in the world than free film & processing!?
    A very good opportunity to re-roll some of it to 620 for use in his Brownie collection.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Doesn't look like ultrafine. And only Ultrafine Extremes are Ilford. Not all Ultrafine.
    - Derek
    [ Insert meaningless camera listing here ]

Shooter
    35mm Pan
    The last time I talked with customer service from Ultrafine, year or so ago, they 'suggested" that their current film is manufactured in Asia and not produced by Fuji. Do I feel-Lucky??

Shooter
    Large Format
    Yes, the made in England Ultrafine was quite some time ago. Maybe 10 years. It sure seemed like they and Freestyle had a working relationship at the time, but it may have been a coincidence that they had what were apparently the same products (a variety of made in England film and paper) at the same time. I always assumed that of them bought master rolls from whoever the mystery supplier was, then slit and packaged for the other company. I assume the 120 came into the states already packaged anyway though.

Either way, it was nice film. The 400 didn't age well past the expiration date, but the 125 should hold up much better.

The way one of the sellers of this stuff (who will go unnamed) put it was that this film had nothing to do with a "Sick Chevy"

Shooter
    35mm
    I often bought the Arista English Professional film, when it was current, and would also buy the occasional roll of the ilford brand at the same time to compare. the Arista (and England's finest) did not have any edge print on the brand side, but in 35mm had numbering which was the same as ILFORD was using at the time, both the Arista and the Ilford had the same shade of Yellow backing paper and the same pint pattern, (other that the Arista did not show the brand name). Freestyle had an agreement where they were not allowed to to identify the maker.

When Ilford reorganized they announced that they would no longer sell pribvate label film and the arista made in England disappeared at the same time. I think you can assume that you are dealing with 10- 15 year old (at least) FP4 - or a very good replica.
    Charles MacDonald
    aa508@ncf.ca
    I still live just beyond the fringe in Stittsville

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Hello;
    Looks to be Plus-x 125, believe that Kodak produced film there. Looks to be from the late 60's to early 80's. Was sold to the low end of the market at the time, about a buck a roll if memory serves me, Steven.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by cmacd123 View Post

When Ilford reorganized they announced that they would no longer sell pribvate label film and the arista made in England disappeared at the same time. I think you can assume that you are dealing with 10- 15 year old (at least) FP4 - or a very good replica.
    Not strictly true what they actually said was they wouldn't sell any of their own product range as rebranded items. They've still made materials for other companies since the reorganisation, Adox (Fotoimpex), Bergger etc but these aren't identical to products sold under the Ilford brand name.

Ian

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin