Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,900   Posts: 1,555,797   Online: 862

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images

Orwo UN54 Rodinal vs. Diafine

I shot a test roll of Ultrafine Extreme (UN54) at box speed (ASA100), cut the film in half and developed one half in Rodinal (1 + 50 @ 16 min) and the other half in Diafine (3 + 3). I have the side-by-side comparison here:
    http://www.apug.org/gallery1/showima...?i=65041&c=502

The 5 x 7 print was a vertical slice of an 18" wide image on my enlarger baseboard.

Now I better understand the comments regarding Diafine, more specifically comments regarding image contrast.

and am also beginning to see this "Rodinal Look" that the Rodinal crowd likes. Along with souping this half roll, I shot a full roll (24 exp) of UN54 in WashDC and will post a few of those images as soon as I get back in the darkroom.

I bought the Ultrafine extreme on e-bay where it was cheaper than the online shop at Photo Warehouse.

Jerry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I'm not a subscriber yet, unfortunately to see those pictures need subscription. :-(
    OM-1n: Do I need to own a Leica?
    Rolleicord Va: Humble.
    Holga 120GFN: Amazingly simple yet it produces outstanding negatives to print.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    same here i admit..

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Time for you guys to subscribe

Good test. Nothing works like a side by side comparison. Good info to keep in mind depending on what you are shooting, I can think of times when either developer may be the better choice.

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by erikg View Post
    Time for you guys to subscribe
    No!
    I see no reason to pay for a subscription here.
    Too many naysayers and self-proclaimed experts that are better than photographers that have done some serious testing over the last hundred years.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Tronds View Post
    No!
    Too many naysayers and self-proclaimed experts that are better than photographers that have done some serious testing over the last hundred years.
    Other than helping pay for the upkeep of the site, for the cost of a few rolls of film, you can see some superb, imaginative, and inspirational photographs.
    I have no idea what your second sentence means.

Shooter
    35mm
    No!
    I doubt you'll find very many places where you pay to have people agree with you. Politics, perhaps.

Also, I would think those photographers you hold in esteem would expect you to examine and challenge their work; that's what made them scientists, as well as photographers.

Welcome,

s-a

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    No!
    In fact the good people, galleries and sub-forums are hidden from non-subscribers to protect the subscribers from them

Tronds, there is a subscription for just 6 months for $12. It's worth trying.
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

cmo
    Shooter
    35mm RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by semi-ambivalent View Post
    I doubt you'll find very many places where you pay to have people agree with you. Politics, perhaps.
    Sometimes it's good to be the king (until the reolution starts).
    The future belongs to the few of us still willing to get our hands smell like fixing bath.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No!
    I don't understand what you are saying here. I don't know you particular experiences here on APUG, but do you really expect everyone to agree with you? The galleries are the most valuable part of this site. Your are missing a lot.

Trond

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin