Switch to English Language Passer en langue franηaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,645   Posts: 1,481,250   Online: 747

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Expensive film!

Shooter
    35mm

Expensive film!

After a afternoon of shooting a few films, I went to (possibly) last photoshop that sells films here in my home town. I ask if they have b&w film and at what price.

They show me several apx 100 (35mm) and say that each film is 7.5€!!! And after asking the price of t-max professional and of the 120mm films that they have (mainly fp+ and hp5+), the person respond that all are 7.5€.

Elite chrome and agfa color film and I think all the color film was also the same price...

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post
    After a afternoon of shooting a few films, I went to (possibly) last photoshop that sells films here in my home town. I ask if they have b&w film and at what price.

They show me several apx 100 (35mm) and say that each film is 7.5€!!! And after asking the price of t-max professional and of the 120mm films that they have (mainly fp+ and hp5+), the person respond that all are 7.5€.

Elite chrome and agfa color film and I think all the color film was also the same price...
    Get thee to the internets!

Images
    Those mom and pop shops are neat but the prices are INSANE!!!!!!!!!! I order from the net.
    Technological society has succeeded in multiplying the opportunities for pleasure, but it has great difficulty in generating joy. Pope Paul VI

So, I think the "greats" were true to their visions, once their visions no longer sucked. Ralph Barker 12/2004

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Rhodes View Post

B&H Photo, NYC. Enough said.

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Just out of curiosity, to the OP: where are you? Rhodes, really?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I'm lucky to have a camera store nearby that keeps prices competitive.

As others have suggested, check out the prices on the internet instead, and order in quantity to justify the cost of shipping.

The prices you mentioned will, unfortunately, probably have that camera store out of the business of selling film.
    "Often moments come looking for us". - Robert Frank

"Make good art!" - Neil Gaiman

"...the heart and mind are the true lens of the camera". - Yousuf Karsh

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by BradleyK View Post
    B&H Photo, NYC. Enough said.
    +1 and X1000... B&H is the best.. Prices/Shipping! Unless you shoot or print Adox, then you have to use Freestlye.

Shooter
    35mm
    For those of us on the western side of the pond, Adorama in NYC is a good place to buy film too. Much cheaper than my local camera store, who wants $13 for a roll of Provia 100f. i can get it for about half that from B&H or Adorama.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Uh, guys, the OP is someplace in Europe. I'm sure that shipping from US suppliers to Europe would eat up any minor savings. Fact is, the OP will have to watch the shipping cost vs. buying local. If a roll of film is €5, shipping is €5, then there's no savings, right?

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian C. Miller View Post
    Uh, guys, the OP is someplace in Europe. I'm sure that shipping from US suppliers to Europe would eat up any minor savings. Fact is, the OP will have to watch the shipping cost vs. buying local. If a roll of film is €5, shipping is €5, then there's no savings, right?
    True. But (usually) the more quantity you buy the cheaper shipping becomes, to the point where if you buy a good supply, the shipping becomes a small percentage.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin