Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,704   Posts: 1,482,729   Online: 996

Shooter
    Pinhole

Film/Developer reccomendations for pinhole photography.

I got back into the darkroom after 20 years so I am having to revisit most basic elements of photo processes. I just built a 6x9 pinhole and shot a couple of rolls of tmax 100. Mixed success! Negatives a bit thin. Need to dial in exposure times.
    My question is what would be a "forgiving" film / developer combo that would provide the best results when using long exposures that may be either under or overexposed?

Kitchen sink processing fyi.
    Thanks

Your choice of T-max 100 was a good one because it has better exposure reciprocity characteristics than other films. The king of films in that regard is Fuji's 100 Acros. No exposure compensation is needed out to two minutes. Any developer is fine. I found that increasing development helped with my pinhole images. They often seemed a little flat. It sounds as though your film was underexposed, however. Record your exposures each time out, and you'll get the hang of it. Pinhole is a lot of fun.

Peter Gomena

Shooter
    Pinhole
    thanks, I took a look at diafine on the web and it looks like a fairly forgiving developer.

Fl

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin