Switch to English Language Passer en langue franšaise Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,945   Posts: 1,585,808   Online: 1004

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Images
    Morten,

I'm not leaving the church, I'm just gonna visit a different service for a Sunday. Besides, I've got way too many of those little white-and-red bottles around!
    "If You Push Something Hard Enough, It Will fall over" - Fudd's First Law of Opposition

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Doug Bennett
    Morten,

I'm not leaving the church, I'm just gonna visit a different service for a Sunday. Besides, I've got way too many of those little white-and-red bottles around!
    Now I'm relaxing...when you are done fooling around with other developers, come back and confess

I myself must admit that I have bought D76 for some testing...

"Let the one who is purely grainy cast the first bottle of Hot Rod"

(Sorry, if I seem to hijack your thread).

Images
    Morten,

Those young women in your personal gallery are a perfect example of what I'm talking about. They're young, with nice skin; detail is their friend. However, I recently shot some photos of my dear old gray-haired mother, devved in Rodinal. She was none too happy............
    "If You Push Something Hard Enough, It Will fall over" - Fudd's First Law of Opposition

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Morten,

Those young women in your personal gallery are a perfect example of what I'm talking about. They're young, with nice skin; detail is their friend. However, I recently shot some photos of my dear old gray-haired mother, devved in Rodinal. She was none too happy............
    I get your point...

This is what I say to the girls:

"I have got this developer that I have pledged allegiance to, and it only works with young and pretty girls...so you HAVE to come into my studio now"

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by modafoto
    "I have got this developer that I have pledged allegiance to, and it only works with young and pretty girls...so you HAVE to come into my studio now"
    I must remember that line I could do with some more portrature and current fashions in my portfolio

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    . . . I've got way too many of those little white-and-red bottles around!
    I kinda miss the old brown glass bottles with the rubber stopper that had to be breached with a hypodermic syringe. ;-)

Have you tried Ilford's DD-X (liquid concentrate) developer, Doug? I think it provides a nice balance between fine grain, sharpness and smooth tonality. I haven't tried it with APX100, but it's nice with FP4+ and PanF.
    [COLOR=SlateGray]"You can't depend on your eyes if your imagination is out of focus." -Mark Twain[/COLOR]

Ralph Barker
    Rio Rancho, NM

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Well, ya know, good old D-23 has so much sulfite in it that it smooths and reduces the grain quite well. It is one of the simplest formulas around.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rbarker
    Have you tried Ilford's DD-X (liquid concentrate) developer, Doug? I think it provides a nice balance between fine grain, sharpness and smooth tonality. I haven't tried it with APX100, but it's nice with FP4+ and PanF.
    Good point I was happy using Ilfords Pan F; FP4+; HP5+ and Delta 3200 souped in DD-X until I found I prefered the look of Rodinal. Again not tried it with any other makes of film.

Doug just tell her how much the Rodinal has captured her character and wisdom

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    DDX is great for pushing and works very well with Deltas (3200 mainly)
    is my 2nd developer in the darkroom.....
    Mama took my APX away.....

Shooter
    35mm
    Images
    Have you gone to unblinkingeye.com to catch the article about adding Ascorbate to Rodinal to reduce grain?
    "Just because nobody complains doesn't mean all parachutes are perfect."

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  Ś   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin