Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,941   Posts: 1,557,552   Online: 1175

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    there are lots of alternate printing techniques ...
    i like to soak my exposed paper in water, then
    put it in caffenol C for 3-4 mins then in water again ..
    then i dilute and exhaused ansco 130 and watch what appears ..
    about 20seconds in, back in the coffee + back and forth as it finishes up ...

this works great for paper negatives and cameraless images
    ( and maybe solarize ( sabbatier? ) images where you want
    control over what appears and how dark you want things to get ...

no book for this, just experience ..
    john

Shooter
    Multi Format
    An amusing experiment is the Emmerman process where photographic paper is soaked in developer and then exposed while wet. If the exposure is given in short increments with time for development between "blinks" a variety of pseudo-solarisation and self-masking effects will emarge. Different papers, RC and fibre base, graded and variable contrast, give widely varying effects. There are lots of variables. Be prepared for a wasted if interesting day in the darkroom.

Occasionally something amazing emerges and nobody will ever guess how you did it!
    Photography, the word itself, invented and defined by its author Sir John.F.W.Herschel, 14 March 1839 at the Royal Society, Somerset House, London. Quote "...Photography or the application of the Chemical rays of light to the purpose of pictorial representation,..". unquote.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin