Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,646   Posts: 1,481,264   Online: 744

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Kodak tri-x 120 price increase?

http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produc...120_Black.html

Granted, it's still cheap on other sites (adorama, freestylephoto) but what gives? I generally ignore all the kodak is going out of business threads, but I thought that the film department was doing well? Did I miss the memo about kodak discontinuing 120 or something?

I might have to stock up on some more tri-x and/or look into the alternatives (hp5)

Regina Canada (sounds more fun than it is)
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    It's past $6.50 a roll in Canada, has been past $5 for years here. Not as cheap as last year but neither is silver or labour costs. I was going to order some Tri-X in 5x7 sheets from B&H but it went up 25% 2 weeks ago (they were sold out prior to that); will have to wait a while now.
    Once a photographer is convinced that the camera can lie and that, strictly speaking, the vast majority of photographs are "camera lies," inasmuch as they tell only part of a story or tell it in a distorted form, half the battle is won. Once he has conceded that photography is not a "naturalistic" medium of rendition and that striving for "naturalism" in a photograph is futile, he can turn his attention to using a camera to make more effective pictures.

Andreas Feininger

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    ..get used to it.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Wow, I think it was 4.25 last time I bought some just a few weeks ago. I'd say my search for a 400 speed film is over, at 3.89 HP5 it is. That's a shame.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Blog Entries
    Images
    I stand corrected.. it was $3.75 and that was 2 months ago. WOW!! A $1.25 increase per roll.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    It really doesn't matter what the price is, it's tri-x and there will always be guys to buy it.
    www.vinnywalsh.com

I know what I want but I just don't know how to go about gettin' it.-Hendrix

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Local camera shop been selling 135-24 Tri X for 5.99 a roll for a year or two. I still go buy a roll or two once in a great while just to support local business.
    - Derek

I am looking for a parts Synchro Compur #00.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Odd...

35mm/36-exp hasn't budged.
    -
    Daniel

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Wow. I've been loading up from Amazon @ $3.99 a roll with no tax and free shipping (for Prime members). Last bought 50 rolls day after the BK was announced. Looks like that's gone too. (Edit: source on Amazon I bought from is now $6.76 a roll but free shipping for anyone...)
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Eventually only the one percent will be able to afford film, and then Kodak will be in the same position as Gucci, making luxury goods for the few.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin