Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,772   Posts: 1,516,541   Online: 878

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format

Adox CHS 25 @ 12 - blank negatives with edge markings

Hi

I've been visiting this forum for some time now and this is my first post. I used to just use the search function in order to find solutions to problems I had which i, untill now, always found

The problem is i just developed a roll of adox/efke 25 120 and rated the film at 12 iso and developed in XTOL 1:1.
    Film came out blank, with edge markings. My first reaction was that i had completely underexposed the film but that seemed strange since i overexposed 1 stop. Even stranger is that the first image i took is on the roll (very feint though) and that i used that same exposure multiple times throughout the roll.

Kinda puzzled here, if anyone has any thoughts about this please share.

Grtz
    Q

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Just an idea.
    Are you sure that the shutter fired correctly?
    It seems that the develoment is correct (edge markings OK) but no images apart from a very faint first image.
    Do you remember the exposure times?
    If the first one was longer than the rest my guess is that the shutter ism stuck on the fastest time giving just enough light for the time closest to the fastest (the first one) and not at all enough for any of the rest.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    exposures in that roll were between 4-8 seconds on f16, i used mirror lockup and a cable release

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    You can check the shutter by looking at it through the front lens while you fire. Care to tell us which camera you used?
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    sure no problem: i used a 501cm hasselblad with a distagon 50mm F/4. Because i bulb'ed i could hear the shutter opening and closing so to me it seems unlikely shutter is the issue.

What about cold? When i went out it was -7 C° could that make my film less sensitive to light even though camera was only exposed to it for a good 20minutes?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Sounds like a camera shutter problem. Some camera's have electronic shutter controls and if the battery is flat default to 1/125th of a second.

Be aware that Adox/EFKE 25 shouldn't be over-exposed the 25 ISO speed rating is actually for Tungsten light, it's speed in Daylight is 40 EI.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Seem to have found the problem

B setting on the 50mm F4 fires inconsistently. Sometimes it stays open as long as long as you keep the shutter pressed and sometimes it closes almost instantly. First time this happens, i've made lots of long exposures with that lens
    How can i fix this? :S

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Damn, q-90 beat me by a few minutes. Never mind!
    Last edited by Rudeofus; 02-13-2012 at 08:52 AM. Click to view previous post history. Reason: Wild speculation while TO already solved the problem
    Trying to be the best of whatever I am, even if what I am is no good.

Shooter
    Large Format
    Are you sure it's the shutter that closes instantly? There are 2 things that can close- the shutter (in lens, small zap) and the barn doors on the body (loud bang). The barn doors are open only while the shutter is pressed but possibly closes with inconsistent pressure. What you can do to solve it is to lock the doors open (turn the lever behind the shutter counter-clockwise). In this setting, the barn doors are open until you move the lock back to original position (which has to be done in order to re-cock the body).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    it's the shutter in the lens that closes instantly the barn doors are behaving normal

Only the bulb setting malfunctions, all other speeds function normally

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin