Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,548   Posts: 1,544,543   Online: 1031

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Ilford Art 300

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Hello,

Lovely paper. I like it a lot, but the surface must be paired to the image. I showed a print to a fellow and he purchased a package of 16x20 sheets the next day!

Roger: Freestyle carries the 11x14 size in a 10 sheet package.

Neal Wydra

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Montgomery View Post
    It's funny that, we got a load of requests from students wanting us to split up the 8x10 boxes into packs of ten, it wasn't a big hassle for us to do it. We haven't offered it online yet though but maybe we should?!
    Might be a good idea, but I doubt it would help me. By the time I paid shipping plus the paradoxically higher-over-there prices, I'd be better off just buying the full pack here! But I could see the appeal for locals.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I will print on this paper later today, and I'm really looking forward to it.

Trond

Shooter
    Multi Format

ilford Art 300 and ilford warmtone developer

I was wondering if anyone had any experience using the new Ilford Art 300 paper with Ilford(Harman) Warmtone developer. I have gotten an almost sepia like quality to prints on Ilford FB warmtone with that developer, and was wondering if I would see the same affect on the Art 300. I noticed that Warmtone developer was not mentioned in the package insert for the paper, so I wanted to make sure there was no problem in using it.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear MichaelR,

Yup I have seen prints done with Warmtone developer, I am biased obviously but I think they look great ( even though I personally favour cooler print tones, always have ) I really do like ART 300 paper though, ART 300 will not be as 'warm' as warmtone with MGFBWT.

Thnaks for using our products.

Simon. ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Humm, I routinely use Ilford WT developer with WTFB and I certainly wouldn't call it sepia. Warm, certainly, but still with a bit of olive I prefer to remove. 15-20 seconds in 1/8th strength brown toner does the trick for me for a subtle brown I like very much. If I want a more overt brown/sepia I tone longer and/or in stronger toner.

I used to prefer cold tones but have been on a warm tone kick of late. I find I like cold tones for some things (landscapes with lots of water or rocks or sky, for example) and warm for other things (most portraits, architecture or still lifes featuring prominent wood, some landscapes with trees etc.) What I don't have much use for most of the time anymore is a neutral tone.

I've been meaning to try MGIV Cooltone RC - if it's as cold as I've read I could really like it for some things. I'd be more enthused about trying it if I knew I could get it in 16x20 if I liked it (which I can't) and in FB (even more so and ditto.)

I recall reading that Kentmere FB gives a good cool tone in selenium. Need to try that.

I received a print on ART 300 via the print exchange on FADU and it really looks like a great paper. Another thing to try in my "abundant" darkroom time.

BTW, I see this always written in all caps, ART. Is "ART" an acronym or is there another reason, or no real reason?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Dear Roger,

ART in caps is how we do it...all product descriptors in our PORTFOLIO have to be in caps, I sometimes lapse but its part of the way we have always done it.....why? lost in the mists of time I think....but I like 'tradition'....

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited.

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Just finished an opening here at Arta Gallery and sold a couple of murals on this paper... Lots of comments like they were incredible inkjet prints , lovely texture and so on.
    Few of my fussy friends really liked the paper... I am sold on this product , really fits into my wheelhouse so to speak.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Thank you all for your responses. I also want to thank Simon Galley for participating in this forum. I think it is really fantastic to have a knowlegeable company representative so easily reachable. The paper just arrived and I will try it both in warmtone and regular developers to see which works best for what I am trying to print. Regards to all, Michael

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelR View Post
    Thank you all for your responses. I also want to thank Simon Galley for participating in this forum. I think it is really fantastic to have a knowlegeable company representative so easily reachable. The paper just arrived and I will try it both in warmtone and regular developers to see which works best for what I am trying to print. Regards to all, Michael
    I look forward to seeing your results Michael, I've enjoyed ART300 in Dektol and have been trying to find time to spend in the darkroom with WT developer. I have a feeling it'll be a great combination.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin