Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,745   Posts: 1,515,649   Online: 772

Shooter
    Medium Format

Which way do the negs go?

I know that 120 negs, or maybe all, curl with the emulsion side on the bottom of the curl but looking thru my neg pages, sometimes
    the KODAK TMX100 ....1....2... numbering is at the top right side up, and sometimes backwards.
    Am i loading the film wrong in the camera , RZ67, or putting negs in the neg sheets wrong? Which way should they read? thanks!
    ez

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    If you have images, the film went through the camera correctly. The numbers read correctly with the emulsion side away from you. I prefer to have the strips in the sleeves with the subject matter right side up, regardless of whether the numbers happen to be on the lower edge or upper. It's easiest to load the sheet with each strip in the same orientation if you're doing contact sheets, that way you're not continually flipping it to view the pictures right side up.

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by johnielvis View Post
    The numbers and printing should not be backwards when viewed (for tmax). It would be impossible to load a roll of 120 backwards and get any prints unless you re-spooled the film backwards yourself because the paper would prevent any light from striking the fim.
    Been there, done that. Loading 120 film backwards is not the most intelligent thing I ever did. By the way, you'd notice that mistake when trying to seal the roll: it doesn't work.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Thanks for your help! Need to turn some of the negs around in the sheets since some of them the margin numbers are backwards.

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin