Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,954   Posts: 1,586,007   Online: 698

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

Thread: Pre-soak

Shooter
    4x5 Format
    Images
    I usually rinse before swimming as well.

....wait, what are we talking about?

On a side note: I've never once had spots or anything after pre-soaking my film; 120 Fuji film in a tank. I used to have that problem with stand development. Never since.
    K.S. Klain

Shooter
    35mm
    I can remember tray processing a few 120 rolls of Verichrome using a red safelight in the early '50s.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Yeah, for me it was more like the 40s.

PE

Shooter
    35mm
    Yeah, Ron. I guess you are a few years older than I am.

Fred

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Cole View Post
    I remember seeing that in old books. It looks impossible. How could you be sure you were getting the film in the developer in total darkness? Now with orth film and a red safelight, maybe. With a night vision device, which I'm pretty sure you didn't have back then, maybe. But panchromatic film in the dark? Y'all were giants. Probably did that uphill both ways in the snow on the way to school, huh?
    I'll have you know that I'm still relatively young (in my 50s) and this is how I started as well - 44 years ago.

It is surprisingly easy to do this well, although it is also extremely boring!

It helps to have your father with you, giving you your first set of instructions.

To do it properly though, you need a Kodak Tri-Chem pack
    Matt

“Photography is a complex and fluid medium, and its many factors are not applied in simple sequence. Rather, the process may be likened to the art of the juggler in keeping many balls in the air at one time!”

Ansel Adams, from the introduction to The Negative - The New Ansel Adams Photography Series / Book 2

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2345678

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin