Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,228   Posts: 1,532,795   Online: 950

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I agree these look to be perfect! I'll have to order a case.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I am going to put in an out and out plug here. I love glass. Easy to clean. Never a doubt as to permeability. After extensive comparison shopping I found this site to have the best prices on glass bottles. You don't have to buy hundreds at a time and their shipping prices are pretty low. Check 'em out. I have NO connection with this supplier.
    www.specialtybottle.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Glass breaks when dropped not only destroying the bottle and scattering glass but spilling the contents. I've not used glass but might, though I'm occasionally clumsy enough for this to be a concern.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I remember the mess a gallon jug of developer made when it basically fell off a 3 foot high counter in a high school darkroom and exploded on the concrete floor. No thanks. Wet rubber gloves have no grip on glass bottles, and PET plastic bottles will bounce, not shatter.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    What about dipping glass bottles in that vinyl dip?? There you go... now you've got your weekend all laid out!

Shooter
    35mm
    A good proof of the air tightness of the PET bottles can be seen in the adjacent thread (The keeping properties of XTOL).

Shooter
    Multi Format
    All common plastic bottles that I know of admit some oxygen. PET is much better in this regard than HDPE, and I have had no problem storing developer in old pop bottles.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    PET soda bottles are technically pressure vessels, designed not to let gases out as the working pressure can be up to 75psi to keep the fizz in.

The also don't break when you fill one with 2 liters of water, squeeze the air out and then proceed to pitch it 10-15 feet up in the air and it lands on a frozen brick patio. I gave up after 6 attempts.
    Bob

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Squeezability is key... the oxygen-proof nature of glass is meaningless if you've got air at the top.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I thought Rodinol could be stored in an open container for 29 years.
    Michael Batchelor
    Industrial Informatics, Inc.
    www.industrialinformatics.com

The camera catches light. The photographer catches life.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin