Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,877   Posts: 1,520,268   Online: 1147

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Shooter
    35mm

Gas proof plastic bottles?

I have put Rodinal in glass bottles because original plastic bottle (PE-HD) is not gas proof.Which kind of plastic bottles are gas proof?Thanks.
    Franol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Marked on the bottom will be "PET" and a "1" inside a triangle. However, Glass is class, first class.
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    The Agfa Rodinal bottles are gas proof as you put it and these are still being used by the various suppliers who have Rodinal packed today albeit under their own trade names. Howver the Orwo/Calbe bottles are different and not so good.

I have had problems with developers oxidising through low density plastic bottles, and have also lost developing agents (Pyrocatechin) stored in these containers as well.

I keep all my old dev bottles for re-use and have never had any issues at all with Rodinal bottles, or Ilford dev bottles, in fact I've Pyrocat HD made up in water tht's fine after 2 years stored in a Rodinal bottle,

Ian

Shooter
    35mm
    Thanks!
    Franol

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Marked on the bottom will be "PET" and a "1" inside a triangle. However, Glass is class, first class.
    Just checked a couple of unopened Rodinal bottles, 125ml, from the AgfaPhoto period, maybe 5-6 years old. The marking is "PET-HD" with a "2" inside a triangle. Is there likely to be a problem with the solution in these...it's very dark (darker than I would expect from fresh product).

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I have used Rodinal, from Agfa that was over ten years old, stored in the agfa plastic bottle, that was very dark indeed, perfect, I wouldn't worry about Rodinal in palstic bottles, it's keeping properties are legendery, I have seen rodinal stored in plastic bottles from the 1980's used this centuary, very dark, but that is common with Rodinal, but it is perfect.
    Richard

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANOL View Post
    I have put Rodinal in glass bottles because original plastic bottle (PE-HD) is not gas proof.Which kind of plastic bottles are gas proof?Thanks.
    ..and num. 2 in the triangle. (PE-HD,2 in triangle)
    Franol

the villages .centralflorida,USA and Germany
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by FRANOL View Post
    coke bottles are,but i would never store chemicals in food containers!
    Regards

Ralph W. Lambrecht
    www.darkroomagic.comrorrlambrec@ymail.com[/URL]
    www.waybeyondmonochrome.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    "There is a 100 bottles on the wall,
    Ooops...there is a 99 bottles on the wall"

"There is a 100 plastic bottles on the wall,
    Oooooops.......there is a 100 bottles on the wall"

This plastic version is a never ending song
    Franol

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin