Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,840   Posts: 1,582,524   Online: 968

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: R09 One Shot

Shooter
    Medium Format

R09 One Shot

Was this batch of R09 made by Connect Chemicals Production & Services in Vaihingen/Enz?

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R09oneshot_bottle.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	113.0 KB 
ID:	46821 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R09oneshot_label1.jpg 
Views:	35 
Size:	232.1 KB 
ID:	46822 Click image for larger version. 

Name:	R09oneshot_label2.jpg 
Views:	31 
Size:	492.1 KB 
ID:	46823

Shooter
    Medium Format
    This, along with all other RO9 one shot/adox versions of Rodinal is made by Agfa and re packaged for the seller. It is rodinal in all respects bar the name, sp use Rodinal times/instructions.
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    And do remember that time and instructions should be considered starting points rather than unbreakable laws. When using R09 I'm usually overexposing by 2/3 of a stop and underdevelop by 15-20% of the recommended time. Works for me.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    So, no matter where it comes from (Calbe or Vaihingen/Enz) it is reddish and not yellowish as the Agfa Rodinal from the 90s? Does the color simply change from re-bottling and re-packaging or is there a more subtler, chemical difference? I am asking all of this in order to choose the best developer with original APX 100 in 120 format intended for sharpest possible 45x45" RC prints.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    No Calbe's version is an older formulation as Calbe were once part of Orwo. RO9 was the Agfa forlual number Recepte 09, R10 is also a p-Amininophenol based developer.

Ian

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by darkroom_rookie View Post
    So, no matter where it comes from (Calbe or Vaihingen/Enz) it is reddish and not yellowish as the Agfa Rodinal from the 90s? Does the color simply change from re-bottling and re-packaging or is there a more subtler, chemical difference? I am asking all of this in order to choose the best developer with original APX 100 in 120 format intended for sharpest possible 45x45" RC prints.
    The Calbe formulation is sold as APH09 by Adox, and is the pre war formula of Rodinal, as is the Foma ro9, and is reddish brown, but it is just as good and keeps just as long, use the same time/dilution as Agfa product, the earlier aph09 was diluted at 1/40, but is now 1/25/50.
    Richard

Shooter
    Multi Format
    My head hurts, so much confusion. Old formula, original formula, but not the same. ????
    Items for sale or trade at www.Camera35.com

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    My head hurts, so much confusion. Old formula, original formula, but not the same. ????
    It's all because John of J&C registered the Rodinal trade name in the US, he then tried to pass off rebottled Calbe R09 as Rodinal in packaging that mimicked the Agfa newer formulation, even the colour & typeface matched. As a result no-one can use the trade name in the US.

Ian
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails rodinal_large.gif  
    Last edited by Ian Grant; 02-25-2012 at 02:53 PM. Click to view previous post history.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Quote Originally Posted by fotch View Post
    Old formula means the one published after WWII. Agfa has changed the composition in the course of years. The last Agfa formula is the "original formula", Calbe produced using the "original formula".
    ---
    Uwe Pilz

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by piu58 View Post
    Old formula means the one published after WWII. Agfa has changed the composition in the course of years. The last Agfa formula is the "original formula", Calbe produced using the "original formula".
    I think you mean the last Agfa formula is the modern newer version, it's not the original.

Ian

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin