Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,221   Posts: 1,532,329   Online: 1071

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Shooter
    35mm
    No, I am not sure they are scratches. I figured that since they were drug around on the floor by my cat with the emulsion still very wet, that they were scratched. I am more than willing to rewash them.

To rewash them, I assume that I use just warm water?

Unfortunately, I can't afford Photoshop, this is a shoe string operation. Unemployment will do that, unfortunately.

Thank you everybody for your help! I greatly appreciate it.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    To rewash, put the film back on the reel and soak for 30 minutes or so first. Then use running water for a while. Hopefully, most particles will come off. If not, you could try GENTLY rubbing with your fingers but you do risk further damaging your film. At this point, I am not sure if there's that much to lose....

I wouldn't use warm water, especially if you intend to rub it with your fingers.

I'd try the gentler method first.
    Develop, stop, fix.... wait.... where's my film?

Shooter
    35mm
    Thank you for all the advice! I will carefully wash them tomorrow and see what happens. When dry, I'll rescan and post to let you all know how it went. Again, thank you!

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by tkamiya View Post
    To rewash, put the film back on the reel and soak for 30 minutes or so first. Then use running water for a while. Hopefully, most particles will come off. If not, you could try GENTLY rubbing with your fingers but you do risk further damaging your film. At this point, I am not sure if there's that much to lose....

I wouldn't use warm water, especially if you intend to rub it with your fingers.

I'd try the gentler method first.
    great advice !
    im empty, good luck

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin