Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,295   Posts: 1,535,658   Online: 1109

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Forte Polygrade

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Snapper,
    Try the F-130 kit available from photoformulary.com (supposedly the same as ANSCO 130). They will ship it to the UK. You could always buy the chemicals in bulk after you decide you like it.

I echo Peter's sentiments about ANSCO 130. Ever since I switched to it, people walking into my office (even those who wonder why I take B&W pictures) comment on the wonderful blacks it provides.
    Cheers, Shesh

Not to know what happened before one was born is always to be a child - Cicero

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Look at the Rayco Chemical site: -

http://www.raycochemicals.f9.co.uk/

They seem to have everything. However, the Glycin is extremely expensive. Am I missing something here?

Barry

Shooter
    Large Format
    Images

Forte

FINE ART PHOTO SUPPLY makes Glycin dev. ready to mix;it comes in four little bags you mix up. I've heard some rumblings about the formulary stuff. Glycin does go bad you know. Call Anthony he's a really cool guy who knows his stuff. He has it in small batches and makes it fresh. Also his alkaline fix for Tmax type materials work with tri-x, Pyro, and it goes far. He can ship anywhere.
    Regards Peter

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryWilkinson
    Look at the Rayco Chemical site: -

http://www.raycochemicals.f9.co.uk/

They seem to have everything. However, the Glycin is extremely expensive. Am I missing something here?

Barry
    I agree - that's expensive! I bought mine from Monochrom.com, who had just bought a batch from Photographer's Formulary. I can't remember my 100g costing NOK 800 or so? Anyway, I have more than I can use before it goes bad, so why not share it around?
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    I don't think I'm fully awake. I had wanted to advise Rayco.
    Digital is best taken with a grain of silver.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Ole
    I agree - that's expensive! I bought mine from Monochrom.com, who had just bought a batch from Photographer's Formulary. I can't remember my 100g costing NOK 800 or so? Anyway, I have more than I can use before it goes bad, so why not share it around?
    The price from Monochrom.com is substatially less then Rayco, I'm wondering if there is a mistake on the Rayco site. I will call them to confirm the price on Monday.

You are very generous Ole, this is a great site.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ole
    Thanks for the offer. I´m avare that Glysin is extremely expensive. I checked last spring when I was thinking about mixing Crawleys FX 2. Well I´m still figuring out the cheapest way to get Glysin. I´ve got both the Metol and Pinacryptol Yellow already.
    Paperdeveloper containing glysin as descriped above only make me search harder.
    800 Nkr for 100g whow you must make a lot of developers. How small amounts can one buy ? Oh by the way never mind the dissolvation problem. I run in to that alot at work as most of our development candidates are hard to dissolve. If you were to send me some how can I pay you and how would you pack it (small brown bottle ? )
    Regards Søren

Ole
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Søren, I've PM'ed you.
    -- Ole Tjugen, Luddite Elitist
    Norway

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ole. Yes, got it :-)
    It´s getting a bit dififcult to keep up with you guys :-)
    Snapper I buyed Metol from Merck, one of the big compagnies selling chemicals, however they were not competitive when it came to Glysin. I don´t know if you have the connections e.g. through your work to by from Merck. How much do you need ?
    Is the Ansco formula in the recipies ?
    Regards Søren

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ole I PM'ed you
    Søren

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin