Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 68,769   Posts: 1,484,219   Online: 961

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: Forte Polygrade

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Soeren
    Ole. Yes, got it :-)
    Is the Ansco formula in the recipies ?
    Regards Søren
    Now it is.
    Tom Hoskinson

Everything is analog - even digital :D

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr
    Soeren,

make sure that the frame material won´t scatter the light.

Why? Look at www.versamask.de, Klaus Zoepfl designed a VERY nice easel system - the masks are held in position with the help of small pins - bare steel... now, some users have reported that these in the corners reflected enough light to spoil the frames!

Do you know if they have an English section to their web site. I could not find one.

Adrian

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by BarryWilkinson
    The price from Monochrom.com is substatially less then Rayco, I'm wondering if there is a mistake on the Rayco site. I will call them to confirm the price on Monday.

You are very generous Ole, this is a great site.

Barry
    No they are not making a mistake. I had this conversation from Steve at Rayco. You can get glycin quite a bit cheaper from the US even with postage costs added.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Twiss
    No they are not making a mistake. I had this conversation from Steve at Rayco. You can get glycin quite a bit cheaper from the US even with postage costs added.
    Thank's for the info Adrian.

When I get around to trying Ansco 130 I will probably give Monochrom.com a call or the Photographers Formularly.

Barry

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Now I have had some time to look at Versamask and I see what you mean Roman.
    It looks promissing though.
    Tom, that´s almost instant action, great.
    Adrian, do you need a translation ? if yes, of which part. I might be able to help if Roman don´t have the time.
    Regards Søren

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images

Versamask

Adrian,

I don´t think Karl has implemented an english site. Bad enough, the whole thing is on shaky feet since Karl is ill. As much as I know the stock is sold out for the moment - but there are negotiations on the way with Heiland, Wetzlar, the maker of the TAS film processor and Spligrade. So I guess they will continue production, but the price will rise.

How does it work? You have a base board with drilled holes, positioning pins and a set of steel masks cut with laser. The pins do the positioning of both the paper and the mask. You need one board and a mask for any of your formats - say 6x6 in 24x24cm on 30x40 paper. And there are covering masks to print borders which are placed in the frame.

Aehm... Follow the link labeled with "So einfach die Idee der Versamask, so kompliziert kann man es beschreiben!", that will show an animation describing the thing.

Herr Loeffler of http://phototec.de has the exclusive rights on selling these, and he knows what is left for sale at this moment. He speaks english and he ships EU-wide on question.

Yes, it is a promising thing - the original idea was developed in the phototec customer forum and a friend is usíng the prototype version for a while - he is very satisfied.

Well, his girlfriend stepped on one of the masks and bent it.

Another friend is getting one for christmas, after that I could give you a review on it from my point of view.

From tomorrow on, I´ll be offAPUG for two weeks, so if any questions are left open Soeren must step in for me.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Oh, another link:

http://www.phototec.de/cgi-shop/ibos...ndexshow180400

Thats to the shop system, it is pretty much self explanatory - "Grundbrett" is base board,

NF is nonproportional cut, KB is 35mm proportional cut, QF is Quadratformat, 6x6.

"Baryt" is FB paper/Baryta paper, I belive the masks are heavier.

"Abdeckblech" is the cover mask for borders.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Med. Format RF
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Adrian Twiss
    A bit cheaper?! According to the Rayco site, 5g of Glycin in the Uk costs about $50. 100g in the US costs $19 - so buying 100g in the UK would cost about $1,000. Any reasons for this huge price difference?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin