Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 71,935   Posts: 1,585,617   Online: 727

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by rich815 View Post
    I live pretty close to his boyhood home. Times when I've driven past or couple times I deliberately actually stopped in front of the house I've found my photography for the next week or so improves great, particularly the tonality of my prints. It's amazing.
    Did the house have a moonrise, or any other halo-like artifact, above it?

Shooter
    Medium Format
    I cannot remember exactly when I heard the following fact, but I certainly remember it......

When enjoying a lovely glass of tap water in London, the chances are it has been enjoyed by up to a previous 17 Londoners.

I would hate to put off any prospective visitors to our fair capital city, especially during the year that sees the Olympics in London and the Diamond Jubilee of HM Queen Elizabeth II, so for balance I have to point out that I have drunk plenty of it and never come to any harm.

Interestingly, In Victorian times the Thames was so polluted it gained the sobriquet 'the big stink' and the largest and most expensive public works ever, built the largest sewer system built up to that time, most of which is still in use today, literally huindreds of miles of brick built sewers.....the guy who designed it was called Bazelgette and a statue was built commemorating his work, more cynical observers would say that since the Houses of Parliament are directly on the North bank of the Thames the politicians had a somewhat vested interest in approving the spend....

Simon ILFORD Photo / HARMAN technology Limited :

Shooter
    8x10 Format
    Images
    After being on earth for 60+ million years, any water we drink will have gone through many many dinosaurs.

I have given workshops in AA's darkroom in Yosemite Valley -- I'll take any help I can get!

Vaughn
    At least with LF landscape, a bad day of photography can still be a good day of exercise.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Maybe Ganges river water will do the trick?

Shooter
    35mm
    Blog Entries
    Images
    Quote Originally Posted by Mainecoonmaniac View Post
    Maybe Ganges river water will do the trick?
    Chances are you won't even need to add developer. Also, I've heard that Ganges water is a great developer for perfect moments. It did the trick for HCB, so it should work for you too! Take a picture of a pebble on the street and the Ganges water will turn it into an all-time classic with a strong sociopolitical message.
    And the sign said, "long haired freaky people need not apply"

Shooter
    35mm
    You need water that has been tested by Ansel BUT definitely not passed by him.

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    It reminds me of a sign I once saw in a greasy spoon cafe " All the water in this establishment has been passed by the management"
    Ben

Shooter
    35mm
    I have a 2L bottle of Ansel's water. $50 + shipping.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I have a 2L bottle of Saint Ansel's water. $500 + shipping.

Note: it is illegal to sell religious relics so this sale is for the bottle only. The water will be included as an incidental item.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Sale pending. Thanks for looking. To the folks who PM'd too late... sorry, but I only have one.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin