Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 69,716   Posts: 1,514,792   Online: 823

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Didn't old time photographers called Amidol "Holy water"?

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Images
    Ok, if you read any early life histories of Ansel you will hear that he often explored Lobos Creek as a boy. This creek is less than a mile from me as I type this. I will soon be selling small 4 ounce bottles of water obtained from this creek. 1-2 drops put into your neg wash water (I recommend you add it around the time you add Photo Flo) will cause an immediate glow to the water and the negatives. This flash or glow will fade quickly and will not be immediately evident in viewing the negatives but when printing watch out, the difference vs. not using Ansel's Lobos Creek water will be obvious!

Please PM me. 4 ounce bottles for $30 each plus shipping. Limit 5 bottles per person. Each bottle can treat up to 30 rolls of film.

This is a limited time offer and may not be repeated so act now.
    Last edited by Richard Sintchak (rich815); 02-27-2012 at 04:00 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    -----------------------

"Well, my photos are actually much better than they look..."

Richard S.
    Albany, CA (San Francisco bay area)

My Flickr River of photographs
    http://flickriver.com/photos/rich815...r-interesting/

My Photography Website
    http://www.lightshadowandtone.com

Shooter
    35mm
    Quote Originally Posted by benjiboy View Post
    It reminds me of a sign I once saw in a greasy spoon cafe " All the water in this establishment has been passed by the management"

Ben,yes, the old jokes are always the best but maybe my joke fails because it is two nations separated by a common language and that "passing water" just doesn't have the same mirth making qualities in the U.S.

Never mind - I won't give up the day job

pentaxuser

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    "passing water" just doesn't have the same mirth making qualities in the U.S.
    Hmm, I'm American and I understood that phrase. But what is mirth? Maybe there is more mirth on your side of the pond than on ours.

Southern Forest Region, Western Australia
    Shooter
    Large Format
    Blog Entries
    It was a long time ago I went to school, but doesn't water get broken down and reformed during photosynthesis by plants and the burning of sugar by animals? - Oh, I have forgotten where this was going, I need more coffee, just keep chatting amongst yourselves

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ahhh, so it seems as if there may be a defecit of mirth inthe Australian colony also.

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Quote Originally Posted by pentaxuser View Post
    Ben,yes, the old jokes are always the best but maybe my joke fails because it is two nations separated by a common language and that "passing water" just doesn't have the same mirth making qualities in the U.S.

Never mind - I won't give up the day job

pentaxuser
    I asked one of my sons who went to university in America if the term "passing water" for urination would be understood there, he said "it certainly would dad, in a population of sixty million there are plenty of piss artists" http://dictionary.cambridge.org/dict...sh/piss-artist
    Last edited by benjiboy; 02-28-2012 at 04:57 AM. Click to view previous post history.
    Ben

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Be careful that you don't get any water used by Lisette Model. She once said, "Darling, if you think my prints are bad then you should see my negatives."
    Last edited by Gerald C Koch; 02-29-2012 at 04:39 PM. Click to view previous post history.
    A rock pile ceases to be a rock pile the moment a single man contemplates it, bearing within him the image of a cathedral.

~Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Glad y'all had some fun w/ this. I got the bottle of Ansel Water but it was broken in transit. Pls send $200 to cover my emotional suffering. thx

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin