Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,553   Posts: 1,544,982   Online: 732

Shooter
    Medium Format

Edwal Ultra Black Print Developer

Any guidance on the 8x10 capacitiy of one litre of working solution with a 1:15 dilution?

The Edwal information is vague at best (including the Customer Service department)

Thanks in advance

Todd

Shooter
    Multi Format
    I use it one-shot, and it has never gone bad during a printing session. How's that for vague? If I had to guess, I'd say 30-50 prints over 3-4 hours.

Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    My results were different than arkoshkobash's - I found that after about 15 8X10 prints I started seeing a substantial drop in contrast. I can't remember what dilution I used though. And also two hours in the tray was about the limit before some sort of replenishing was needed. My results won't necessarily be yours, but this was my experience. I have since moved on to a different paper developer (BW-65 from Photographer's Formulary) and am quite a bit happier than I was with the Edwal.

Joe
    Latent Images Plastic Toy Cameras

"Don't ask yourself what the world needs. Ask yourself what makes you come alive and go do that, because what the world needs is people who have come alive" - Howard Thurman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Ultra black is my favorite paper developer...I only use it as a one shot...I get pretty decent capacity. I've found the drop off to be pretty sudden rather than a slow degredation. I get a good 3-4 hours and 25+ prints pretty regularly. I also prefer the 1:9 dilution.

Bobby

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin