Switch to English Language Passer en langue française Omschakelen naar Nederlandse Taal Wechseln Sie zu deutschen Sprache Passa alla lingua italiana
Members: 70,969   Posts: 1,558,553   Online: 1048

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Images
    So you are saying, 1 gram of PI to 20ml water? Thanks, I may try that.

With RC paper, that fix, wash, develop test could probably be done without fear of contaminating your developer. It's a bit of a hassle though.
    That is called grain. It is supposed to be there.
    =Neal W.=

rjr
    Shooter
    Medium Format
    Images
    Neal,

there are many varying recipes on it which difer in quantity of PI, but they function all the same - but vary in application, you have to adapt the amount of PI solution vs. the amount of fix...

One more example from Kodak, which is good for a ten times lifetime stock solution. ;-)

http://wwwtw.kodak.com/cluster/globa....jhtml#1308927

As promised, I digged out the report from Franz on the test - i was curious myself. Franz is a chemist, he repeated the titration five times over.

See (in german): http://phototec.de/phorum_neu/read.p...=48812&t=48812

In short and english: 500ml of 1+7 Tetenal Superfix (ordinary rapid fix), used with 5 Filmes, clearing time was 210 sec. Titration showed a silver content of 3,4g/l - WAY too much, while the clearing time indicated "good for at least another film".

Then he took a fresh fixing bath of same scheme and added silver nitrate. His results:

- PI, a 10% Solution
    - 1ml of that on 10ml Fix
    - prescipation at 21° ambient temp was stabile when the silver content hit the 2,8g/l mark.
    Tschüss,
    Roman

Shooter
    Multi Format
    Blog Entries
    Images
    SNIP:
    Quote Originally Posted by rjr
    So it works with any fix, not just the one mady by Edwal.
    hey roman -

the brine test is great for seeing silver saturation ... but it isn't very accurate ( as you have suggested ) .... in many cases, like with high capacity fixers, "spent", it just isn't .... i kind of wish everything was like that <gggg>

SNIP:
    Quote Originally Posted by Flotsam
    John, I think that I will have to use that method from now on. Thanks for the info.
    sure thing - i'm glad i could help

- john

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

APUG PARTNERS EQUALLY FUNDING OUR COMMUNITY:

Contact Us  |  Support Us!  |  Advertise  |  Site Terms  |  Archive  —   Search  |  Mobile Device Access  |  RSS  |  Facebook  |  Linkedin